Verified Expert in Engineering
Azure Software Developer
Nick is a back-end architect and lead software developer with an in-depth knowledge of .NET and Microsoft Azure. He is experienced in supporting and enhancing legacy products, rewriting existing products based on new customer demands, and developing new products from scratch, all the way from a prototype to a release-ready state. Nick was also involved in architecture design, cost and performance optimizations, business analysis, security review, team leading, reviewing code, and coding.
Octopus Deploy, TeamCity, Skype, Slack, GitLab, Bitbucket, GitHub, Visual Studio
The most amazing...
...projects I've delivered are a fast and efficient cloud-based card payment processing service and a crypto banking solution with blockchain integration.
Back-end Architect | Lead Software Developer
- Served as a lead back-end developer for multiple projects, such as Fiat banking solution, credit card processing services, currency exchange services, and crypto banking solution with native blockchain integration.
- Built complex microservices infrastructure based on Azure cloud, CI/CD pipelines, monitoring, and alerting system.
- Managed the whole software development life cycle (SDLC). Built efficient processes to deliver fast and minimize time to market.
Lead Software Developer
- Served as a lead back-end developer for Rapid Recovery, a cloud backup and recovery solution for Quest Sofware.
- Delivered features as a part of my work on the project, including cloud archive, incremental backups, live recovery, and Azure native disaster recovery as a service (DRaaS).
- Developed and launched the virtual file system feature, giving the possibility to restore files in seconds from the cloud-native backups to any device and to open and navigate disk images snapshot using friendly web UI.
- Developed and delivered high-throughput low latency deduplication engine written in C++ and built on top of Azure Redis instances. Achieved up to 1GB per second cloud backup throughput with a 90% deduplication ratio and 100Mbit/s internet connection.
Full-stack Software Developer
- Developed a network monitoring system to detect, diagnose, and resolve network performance problems. Worked in a team with the principal architect on the top priority prototypes.
- Improved web portal information gatherer and switched the pooling model to SignalR and WebSocket approach.
- Implemented web portal browser tabs leader election logic to use a single connection to the server and share this connection for multiple tabs opened in the browser.
- Contributed to the development of the SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM).
Full-stack Software Developer
EPAM Systems, Inc.
- Developed the back-end functionality to sell all newly-issued products across securities markets to retail brokers.
- Improved performance significantly by rewriting stored procedures T-SQL code and improving C# concurrent code.
Next-generation Multicurrency Travelcardhttps://wirexapp.com/en/card
SEPA and SWIFT Payments Bank Integrationhttps://wirexapp.com/blog/tag/lhv
Fiat-backed Stablecoins on the Stellar Networkhttps://www.coindesk.com/payments-firm-wirex-launching-26-stablecoins-on-the-stellar-blockchain
Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) and PSD2 Flow Integration
According to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, no sensitive data, like one-time passwords, was not stored on the own service database. Twilio Verify service was used for PSD2 and OTP support. I was responsible for integrating PSD2 and OTP into the platform, communication with the Twilio tech team, and back-end development of the new microservice.
Azure Native DRaaShttps://www.quest.com/products/rapid-recovery/
.NET 4, Windows Communication Framework (WCF), ASP.NET Web API, Angular, .NET, ASP.NET
CQRS, Microservices, Actor Model, Test-driven Development (TDD), Unit Testing, Microservices Architecture, REST
Azure, Azure Service Fabric, Twilio, Azure Event Hubs, Blockchain
Redis Cache, Azure Queue, Azure Blobs, Azure Tables, Azure SQL, EventStore, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Table Storage, Azure Cloud Services, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Azure Service Bus, Web Services, Third-party APIs, Octopus Deploy, Cloud, Integrated Communication Systems, WCF Web Services, Ajax, ISO 8583, TPL Dataflow, Multithreading, Cryptocurrency, Data Migration, RESTful Microservices, Third-party SDK Integration, Networks
Twilio API, Azure Blob Storage API, SignalR, jQuery
GitHub, Bitbucket, GitLab, Slack, Skype, TeamCity, Stellar SDK
Master's Degree in Information Communication Networks
Odessa National Academy of Telecommunications - Odessa, Ukraine
Bachelor's Degree in Information Communication Networks
Kyiv College of Communication - Kyiv, Ukraine