Verified Expert in Engineering
Nick is a hard-working web developer with more than a decade of experience. Highly astute, communicative, and deadline-driven, he works with startups to bring their products to market, working closely with businesses to design and build their systems while helping them understand how to achieve their long-term goals. Nick seeks a contract developer role where his strong understanding of technology, startups, and customer journeys can be utilized.
Jira, Slack, API Integration, SQL, APIs, Git, Test-driven Development (TDD), Vue, React, Laravel, Web Development, Agile, Full-stack Development
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on is creating a solution for a bank to list 100,000+ vehicles, enabling customers to personalize vehicle finance and apply in a few clicks.
TemperPack Technologies, Inc.
- Developed an app to visualize data taken from the factory floor that updates in real-time.
- Integrated a Vue.js application into a manufacturing data API.
- Assisted the client in updating and fixing a number of already existing pieces of software within the company.
Full-stack Developer with Vue
She Interactive LLC
- Built a cryptocurrency section of a banking site that allows users to trade cryptocurrency.
- Integrated into Solid FI's cryptocurrency platform.
- Worked closely with the owner to rapidly achieve business goals and get the product to market.
- Designed the next stage of the system for the owner to add banking fees to customer transactions.
- Provided a comprehensive handover after leaving the project to ensure an easy follow for future development.
Full Stack Developer
- Developed new portal sections to allow customers to enter their energy usage data.
- Worked with the team to create reusable code to rapidly create new sections within the portal using configuration.
- Worked closely with the client to help them understand what their MVP should look like and how to use the data presented to them to create an easy-to-use interface for a customer.
Full-stack Laravel and Vue Developer
Car and Classic Ltd
- Worked for an eCommerce B2C for classic cars. Integrated into a development pod to assist the business in achieving its annual KPIs.
- Improved UI/UX functionality for end users by collaborating with the design team.
- Helped improve business and development processes by regularly providing feedback and possible solutions.
- Contributed to back-end experience and collaborated on APIs.
- Collaborated with designers to design and implement new features.
- Maintained high standards using automated assessment tools to determine the quality and improve page speeds.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Accelerated product development by assuming the full-stack developer role, designing and developing new custom features for the application.
- Created new user features using React and Symfony, working closely with the management team to achieve their product goals.
- Took the workload of the head developer, allowing him to have time to create a long-term development plan.
- Slashed time is taken for the internal staff and saved business money by working closely with the management team to understand the staff workflows and planning new and improved features within the product.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Brought success to the business by working closely with key clients, building their customer-facing websites, working closely with them to understand their business needs, and rapidly forming solutions for them.
- Influenced bringing large parts of the business's internal dealer management system to market, allowing them to take a much larger share of the back and front-end systems within the automotive industry.
- Worked closely with the owner and senior management as the technical lead to win several contracts with a large bank, providing software design plans and long-term technical planning.
- Built customer-facing websites to provide vehicle listings for car dealerships, increasing their web presence and sales.
- Increased customer sales by providing finance tailoring solutions, allowing them to apply for finance within a few clicks.
- Created a web plug-in finance calculator and finance application solution for a large bank, helping the bank sell its finance products with additional services.
- Created a bespoke CRM and finance application portal for the bank and its customers to log into, allowing tracking of customer interaction, communication, and finance applications.
- Acted as lead developer for a multi-million-pound development for a bank, creating a vehicle sales website and platform, giving them a central location to advertise and sell their customer's stock and provide their financial products to customers.
- Built a finance payment calculation system generating personalized finance quotes with algorithms using seller and buyer information, allowing the customer to get an accurate quote in seconds for hundreds of thousands of vehicles at a time.
- Created a vehicle import system that can process thousands of CSV files a day of vehicle stocks while also importing stock data from various APIs. Data is then cleansed, enriched, and managed automatically and can be manually overridden if necessary.
The Avenue Estate Agents
- Built a customer-facing website for a startup real estate company.
- Integrated with multiple CRM tools to automatically update the listings and forward customer inquiries to appropriate agents.
- Created a geographical search engine to allow customers to find listings in their chosen locale.
- Served as team leader for customer web-based projects, heading several projects simultaneously, working very closely with the BA and project management team to provide cost-effective yet quality solutions.
- Integrated apprentices within the team, providing professional mentoring as a large part of my role.
- Developed a marketing tracking system that provided visual charts to the marketing department of a healthcare goods manufacturer, tracking data worldwide.
- Built a back-end system and API for a greeting cards mobile application.
- Worked on several engagements, including a WordPress project, a CRM system for an estate agent, and an events creation and calendaring system for Cisco.
- Created and maintained algorithms for large insurance companies.
- Collaborated with insurance companies to ensure rapid, accurate development.
- Assisted in creating the company's transition from Filetab-D to Python.
Vehicle Sales and Financing Website and Platform
The application was split into several areas: Data import, dealer vehicle financing, and consumer-facing website.
Each day the vehicle stock required updating. This required processing CSVs in multiple formats and interacting with APIs. Vehicle importing and importing rules could be managed through a management interface built using Laravel. All vehicle data incoming required enrichment from several external APIs based on a set of rules. Data was then shared between several platforms internally for the bank.
Finance was controlled via a bank-controlled API. Each dealer had specific finance rules. One of the requirements was to build a finance vehicle search function for all stock that a consumer could use. PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch powered this.
Real Estate Listings Website
I worked full stack on the project, creating a website with a high-end feel.
The information for the properties is regularly updated from the API and provides YouTube links, floor plans, and images. Customers can filter properties and quickly search properties using a location radius search.
Social Media Analytics Tracker
I was the full-stack developer lead and produced the software to allow the marketing department to gather all their social media analytics in a single place and view this data in graphical form.
Vehicle Comparator Website Plug-in
Bespoke Real Estate CRM
Shopify Store Creation
Worked closely with the company owner to create an on-brand easy-to-use store that can be easily maintained.
Laravel, Lumen, Vue SSR, Eloquent, Nuxt.js, Symfony, Tailwind CSS, Vanilla JS
Vue, REST APIs, Vue 2, React, Google Chart API, Node.js, Stripe
NGINX, Jira, Git, Bitbucket, Slack
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Microservices, Test-driven Development (TDD), Agile, Database Design, Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Databases
API Integration, APIs, Back-end, Finance, Finance APIs, Front-end, Full-stack, Web Development, Technical Leadership, Leadership, Software Architecture, Responsive UI, Mobile Web, Full-stack Development, Software Development, IT Project Management, Symphony, Web Project Management, Laravel Livewire, Alpine.js, Cloud, Laravel Forge, Architecture, Payment APIs, Data Analytics, Web Scraping, Data Visualization, Interactive Charts, Software as a Service (SaaS), Manufacturing
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS, AWS Lambda, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), DigitalOcean, Linux, Rackspace, Shopify, Azure
Bachelor's Degree in Computing
Manchester Metropolitan University - Manchester, The United Kingdom