Verified Expert in Engineering
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Amazon Web Services (AWS), APIs
The most amazing...
...app I've written monitors and trades in stock and crypto markets autonomously. It syncs hundreds of data, runs the analysis, and executes trades via the API.
Algorithm Trading Bot
- Developed a program in Ruby on Rails to monitor stock and crypto-currency markets at time intervals ranging from five minutes to one day.
- Enabled the app to make the buy and sell decisions autonomously on its own analysis and execute those trading decisions via both REST and WebSocket APIs to major cryptocurrency and stock trading platforms.
- Empowered the app to monitor over 100 symbols at a time. It syncs over 100 new data points every five minutes, combines them with the old data, makes calculations, and executes trading decisions within the given 5-minute timeframe.
- Set up the entire AWS server infrastructure to enable mass data processing and a fault-tolerant redundant market monitoring system.
- Experimented with over 1000 technical analysis methods using Pine Script and TradingView platforms and ran more than 4000 different back-testing algorithms on past market data.
Founder | Full-stack Developer
- Launched an online software as a service (SaaS) product that enables companies to make automated newsletters by curating existing articles around the web.
- Built the SaaS product from the ground up using Ruby on Rails.
- Developed a content curation app that searches articles from around the web, syncs content via RSS and Atom, processes the HTML and XML files, and extracts and summarizes important content pieces.
- Enabled the back-end apps to save and retrieve newsletters, user auth, payment, mail scheduling, content curation, etc.
- Hosted the apps on AWS as different services within the same AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), used AWS RDS for the PostgreSQL database, and set up a load balancer on the front-end public subnet to load balance web requests to front-end web services.
- Used AWS Lambda to set up cron triggers to insert job messages periodically into AWS Simple Queue Service (SQS) and connect the Ruby on Rails app as job workers.
- Managed a development team in Panama to develop a full-scale content management system (CMS) site built on Drupal as the chief tech advisor for the client.
- Built a website that hosts over 1000+ journalism content pieces, with a mix of articles, photos, and video-based multi-media content.
- Collaborated with the client, the chief editor, and a team from multiple Latin American cultures to implement the client’s vision.
- Drafted out technical requirements, adopted a hands-on approach by mastering the Drupal CMS platform, helped clients overcome complex technical challenges, and significantly improved the original website.
Algorithm Trading Bot
The app can make buy and sell decisions autonomously based on its own analysis and execute those trading decisions via both REST and WebSocket APIs to the primary cryptocurrency and stock trading platforms.
It is capable of monitoring over 100 symbols at a time. Each character under a 5-minute interval had over 105,120 data points per year. I programmed the app to sync over 100 new data points every five minutes, combine with the old data to make past data calculations, and execute trading decisions, all within the given 5-minute timeframe.
Finally, I set up an entire AWS server infrastructure to enable mass data processing and a fault-tolerant redundant market monitoring system, experimented with over 1000 technical analysis methods using PineScript and TradingView platforms, and ran more than 4000 different back-testing algorithms on past market data.
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Selenium, CodeIgniter, Symfony, OAuth 2, Laravel, Django
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Lambda, Amazon EC2, Drupal
JSON, PostgreSQL, Redis, MySQL, Redshift, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
APIs, Payment APIs, Architecture, CTO, AWS CodePipeline, Amazon RDS, Security Groups, Ajax, Web Scraping, Business, Business Cases, Finance, Marketing Mix, Algorithms, Data Structures, Operating Systems, App UI, User Experience (UX), App UX, Web UX, Agile Leadership, Team Leadership, Product Leadership, Leadership, Markets, Crypto, WebSockets, IT Project Management, Web Project Management, Technical Requirements, Functional Requirements, Business Requirements, Product Management, Full-stack
jQuery, Ruby on Rails API, SendGrid API, Twilio API, Stripe API
Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), AWS CodeBuild, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Terraform, AWS Fargate, Amazon ElastiCache
Management, REST, Requirements Analysis
Honors Bachelor Degree Specializing in Computer Science
Western University - London, Canada
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring