Data Scientist2020 - PRESENTMoneyhub
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning, Plotly, Jupyter Notebook, SQL, Amazon SageMaker, AWS, Python
- Implemented and productionized a personalized machine learning algorithm to classify transaction data using the AWS SageMaker and Lambda infrastructure.
- Detected trends in the behavior of customers and created frequent reports to present the results which have been published regularly on the company's website.
- Completed various data analyses and POCs to answer requests from the business using a combination of SQL/Python for the backend and Jupyter Notebooks and Plotly to present findings.
Data Scientist2019 - PRESENTSelf-employed
Technologies: Git, Python, RStudio
- Consulted about the application of machine learning in concrete use cases (pharmaceutical industry).
- Implemented and diagnosed machine learning models with frequent presentations of results to the client.
- Automated the analysis pipeline in a medical study.
- Scraped a specific website containing lots of data in HTML format and built a database based on this data.
- Developed an Android application to organize courses and track and visualize evaluations for a specific business use case.
- Built an automated system to evaluate the long-term performance of a machine learning model based on weekly new data.
Data Scientist2019 - 2020Sopra Steria España
Technologies: Microsoft Excel, Azure, Databricks, Python, SQL
- Developed new methods to measure business success for a retail client and its implementation in Python.
- Performed a post-analysis of retail promotions using SQL and Python.
- Optimized SQL queries to extract insights of large tables.
- Restructured and optimized an internal Python package to extract and visualize statistics of large database tables.
- Automated the analysis pipeline and also built a Python package that regularly produces a report based on data in a database.
Data Scientist (Master Thesis Student)2019 - 2019Allianz
Technologies: Plotly, Markdown, LaTeX, SQL, Python, R
- Wrote my thesis about machine learning methods to model life tables.
- Performed preprocessing, analysis, and modeling of data with a size >100GB.
- Built and tested an R package for the internal usage in the actuarial department.
- Made my final presentation in front of experts as part of the official training series.
- Implemented exhaustive performance optimization of R code using vectorization, parallelization, and optimized packages.
Data Scientist2018 - 2019Allianz
Technologies: Microsoft Excel, Plotly, RStudio Shiny, SQL, Git, Python, RStudio
- Implemented and supported extensive interactive data-driven dashboards in R-Shiny.
- Developed a product recommendation system for corporate clients based on the clients' characteristics and product history.
- Built a productive automated system for the early detection of problems with products or business processes based on client complaint data.
- Implemented the visualization of complex data and presentation of insights using Plotly, D3.js, and R Markdown.
- Performed topic modeling and text mining of client complaint texts using LDA.
- Made presentations concerning theory and programming packages within the field of machine learning.
- Created internal programming packages to streamline and simplify frequently used data science tasks.
Researcher2017 - 2018Fraunhofer Institute for Industrial Mathematics ITWM
Technologies: RStudio Shiny, PyTorch, Spyder, Anaconda, Linux, SQL, Python, RStudio
- Worked on the project SENRISK (Senrisk.eu/) which predicted price fluctuations of corporate and sovereign bonds based on news sentiments.
- Built recurrent neural networks in PyTorch to predict financial time series.
- Developed statistical methods for fraud detection in the health insurance industry.
- Implemented a Python package for financial time series prediction including an integration to a web service.
- Constructed a software prototype in R Shiny to visualize the impact of different sample sizes in the context of fraud detection.
Intern2016 - 2017Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María
Technologies: Microsoft Excel, R, C#
- Implemented a type of software in C# to evaluate financial options based on the Black Scholes model.
- Elaborated about a detailed report about the theoretical foundations of option price valuation.