Verified Expert in Engineering
Nico is a mobile development expert, trainer, and international speaker. He is also a Microsoft MVP who actively contributes to/maintains open-source projects in the mobile space, like MvvmCross—he loves to push forward the technologies he works with. Nico is a team worker and feels motivated with all opportunities to share goals and interests with other people.
TypeScript, Android, iOS, React Native, GitHub, Git, SourceTree, Android Studio, Xcode, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
The most amazing...
...code I've written is part of an OSS framework I maintain, and it is used in thousands of mobile apps around the world.
- Created an open-source library to easily consume REST and GraphQL APIs in C#.
- Rearchitected two different mobile apps, which led to improved performance, increased developer productivity, and shorter time to market.
- Created a unit testing infrastructure that is currently used in multiple production projects.
- Oversaw and led multiple development teams in a remote-first setup.
- Provided technical guidance to external customers and internal company projects.
- Delivered more than ten technical talks at different meetups around the world.
Mobile Development Trainer
- Facilitated on-site training about Xamarin development in New York (US), Mechelen (Belgium), and Almelo (The Netherlands).
- Crafted and delivered a strategy training on mobile apps development, which compares React Native, Flutter, and Xamarin.
- Trained and coached app development teams from companies such as UPS, Philips, and KPN.
- Led virtual training on mobile development for a team in the Netherlands.
Core Project Maintainer
- Built a new set of ViewPresenters for each platform the framework supports.
- Managed projects through issue resolution as part of my role.
- Participated in the framework architecture design.
- Presented the framework in conferences and public speeches.
- Guided junior developers and made contributions to documentation.
CEO | Lead Mobile Developer
- Led a team of four developers with different seniorities involved in resource planning, coordination of tasks, and full responsibility for deadlines and objectives.
- Developed cross-platform enterprise mobile apps in multiple lines of business, some with particular requirements (such as offline sync and background processing).
- Developed cross-platform consumer mobile apps for investment groups. Participated in the concept and design of the apps as well.
- Created a framework for Xamarin with a set of features, plugins, and abstraction for common functionalities.
- Created binding libraries for Xamarin and contributed to several community maintained libraries.
- Gave guidance and support to junior developers, making coding guidelines, slides, and exercises to help new developers get started.
- Contributed to the functional analysis and design of UI/UX for mobile apps as part of the software development process.
Cortina Productions (via Toptal)
- Built a native cross platform app for Android and iOS, to be used by thousand students.
- Made Swift and Java libraries available to be used in Xamarin.
- Built an offline sync engine that included downloading several videos in parallel, with optimized battery consumption.
TillPOS (via Toptal)
- Created a native application for iOS, Android, and UWP.
- Built an offline data synchronization engine in C#.
- Built a printer infrastructure with ESC/POS for the existing mobile app.
- Created a cross-platform navigation service that respects platform idioms.
- Developed a responsive/flexible UI using custom renderers.
Clover Sistemas SRL
- Developed a Xamarin-based cross-platform mobile app for a health insurance company that now has thousands of users.
- Built a framework to make UI testing with Xamarin faster and more efficient.
- Created a mobile app following TDD methodology as part of a group of developers. The app ended up having 80% test coverage.
- Improved the speed and stability of a mobile app in maintenance (that I did not develop) by changing some of the core features of the app.
- Made a functional analysis of the entire workflow of the company and documented the processes. Those documents are now used to introduce new members to the company.
- Created information reports based on the needs of the users and what I considered important. With this information, the company increased sales by over 30%.
- Gave end-users training and support while using the company's software.
- Made presentations and a workshop to introduce end-users to SQL.
Open Source Library: BreachDetectorhttps://github.com/nmilcoff/BreachDetector
Open Source Framework: MvvmCrosshttps://github.com/MvvmCross/MvvmCross
MvvmCross allows developers to build clean, pixel perfect, native UIs while sharing behavior and business logic in a single codebase across all the supported platforms, using the Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) design pattern.
Open Source Library: EasyTipViewhttps://github.com/nmilcoff/EasyTipView
Open Source Library: RootBeer (Xamarin)https://github.com/nmilcoff/rootbeer
Open Source Library: IOSSecuritySuite (Xamarin)https://github.com/nmilcoff/IOSSecuritySuite
iDriveYourCar Drivers Mobile App
Reveal Page Mobilehttps://itunes.apple.com/ar/app/reveal-page/id1075937231?mt=8
La Segunda NetVos
Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Android SDK, Xamarin.UITest, Newtonsoft JSON, .NET, React Native, MVVM Light Toolkit, Redux, .NET Core, YARN, AngularJS, ASP.NET MVC
Xamarin.Android, Xamarin.iOS, LINQ, SQLite.NET, MobX, Node.js, React
Visual Studio, SourceTree, Fody, Slack, TFS, Git, GitHub, Visual Studio App Center, G Suite, Xcode, Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM), Android Studio, Azure Mobile, Jira, Postman, Trello, Crystal Reports, Subversion (SVN), NPM
Agile Software Development, Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), REST, Agile, Mobile UI Design, Mobile UX Design, Mobile Design, Unit Testing, Scrum, Test-driven Development (TDD)
iOS, Android, Universal Windows Platform (UWP), Xamarin, MvvmCross, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS, Azure, Firebase
JSON, SQLite, Couchbase
Async/Await, Mobile Architecture, Leadership, Mobile Apps, Mobile App Development, Open Source, Xamarin.Mac, Technical Leadership, Team Leadership, Xamarin.Forms, Async.js, User Experience (UX), Axios, Redux Toolkit, Documentation, Writing & Editing, Genetic Algorithms, Android Development, Algorithms, Integration Testing, HTTP, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
Bachelor Degree in Software Engineering
Universidad Tecnológica Nacional - Rosario, Argentina
Exchange Semester (Via Universidad Tecnológica Nacional) in Software Engineering
Hochshule Esslingen - Esslingen, Germany
The Complete React Native + Hooks Course
Xamarin Certified Mobile Developer
First Certificate in English
Cambridge English Language Assessment