Senior Unity Developer2016 - 2022Power Struggle Games | Self-employed
Technologies: Unity, UX, UI, C#, Localization, 3D Games, Blender, Gimp, Optimization, GitLFS, Game Design, Physics, Unity3D, Unity3D Native Plugin Interface, Shaders, Visual Effects (VFX)
- Made overall game design decisions, resulting in the game happening in a virtual office where players interact with their coworkers and world objects.
- Developed game systems, including a first-person controller, object placement, cinematic systems, and subtitles.
- Oversaw acquisition and integration of assets into the game, such as an office environment, non-player character (NPC) creation with Fuse, animations from Mixamo, "low-polyfication" of NPCs with blender, texture adaptations, and maps with Gimp.
- Integrated the NPCs in the game, including an animation controller, inverse kinematics, navigation mesh, root motion, and behavior.
- Localized the whole game after it was finished. Scripted the replacement of UI text by TMP components and the update of their references. Localized all static and dynamic texts using the Localization package.
- Added a feedback system to the game with a Node.js back end to receive the feedback.
- Optimized UI and game systems. Identified bottlenecks using Unity Profiler and Frame Debugger.
- Oversaw the rendering process, including lighting, post-processing, and probes. Modified the physically-based rendering (PBR) standard shader to get a toon-like effect.
Unity Developer2020 - 2020NUMIX | Freelance
Technologies: Unity, Oculus Quest, Interactive UX, C#, Game-based Learning, Virtual Reality (VR), GitLFS, Virtual Reality App Design, Physics, Unity3D, Visual Effects (VFX)
- Communicated with the clients and participated in the elaboration of the design documents, particularly on VR interactions and the dynamics of the cherry picker.
- Implemented the pedagogical scenario and the feedback systems that tell the learner what he did wrong, how to do better, and if he succeeded, which meant he was apt at securing a cherry picker.
- Implemented the dynamics of the cherry picker that respected the documents given by the manufacturer.
- Implemented the VR interactions, including buttons, teleportation, picking up items, the ground control panel for the cherry picker, removing a security pin, and hand animations corresponding to these interactions.
- Integrated the animations and piloted the animator controllers of the NPCs, playing voice-acted lines synchronized with the animations.
- Set up lighting, probes, emissive materials, and post-processing.
PhD Student2015 - 2019Toulouse Institute of Computer Science Research
Technologies: Unity, C#, 3D Games, User Experience (UX), UX Research, HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Leap Motion, Motion Control, Virtual Reality (VR), Virtual Reality App Design, Game-based Learning, BibTeX, LaTeX, Python, NumPy, R, Statistical Methods, Applied Research, Rapid Prototyping, Git, Human-computer Interaction (HCI), Physics, Unity3D
- Studied subjects on VR interactions, game-based learning, immersive virtual environments, and user experience evaluation.
- Implemented most of the VR interactions described in the Leap Motion and Motion Controllers literature. Studied their performance and usability among novice users.
- Designed and implemented a VR interaction framework for Motion Controllers with compatibilities for desktop (mouse or keyboard) and Leap Motion.
- Optimized CAD models to allow for real-time rendering.
- Designed and implemented a virtual workshop in which users can use machine tools.
- Implemented several pedagogical scenarios that teach students the basics of machine processing and how to set up one of the machines.
- Wrote several articles and a PhD thesis, "Interaction Metaphors for Training in Interactive Virtual Environments: Application to Meca 3D," focusing on human-computer interaction (HCI) and UX experience in virtual reality.