SW Engineer2016 - 2016Skysense, Inc.
Technologies: C++, Python, ROS
- Implemented autonomous landing for quadcopters.
- Wrote near real-time C++ code to interface with the vehicle API and the sensors.
- Wrote mission-critical software whose bugs could crash the drone.
- Developed a testing regime that could catch both hardware and software bugs.
- Integrated tight control loops with complex state machines for higher-level behavior.
Research Engineer2015 - 2016Airware
Technologies: C++, OpenCV, ROS, Python
- Used computer vision for autonomous drone navigation, in ROS and C++.
- Developed the hardware and firmware for sensor acquisition, including cameras and IMUs.
- Developed a Continuous Integration pipeline to evaluate the algorithm on acquired data.
- Optimized the performance of C++ code using SIMD extensions and multithreaded code.
- Scripted a full robotic R&D environment using ROS and Python.
SW Engineer2015 - 2015Skysense
Technologies: Python, Autobahn, Nginx
- Built a streaming back-end for robotic sensor data.
- Used asynchronous Python extensions to support a large number of connected clients.
- Faced challenges with unreliable connections, and remote state synchronization.
- Structured a fully non-blocking back-end, including database and network interactions.
- Leveraged existing tools in the robotic community to speed up development.