Software Development Engineer 2 (SDE-2)2016 - PRESENTExpedia Online Travel
Technologies: Python, Elasticsearch, Apache Kafka, Git, Maven, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Lambda, AWS S3, Spring Boot
- Improved the search ranking of suggestions for Typeahead which decreased the bounce rate from 3.5% to 1.2%.
- Scraped competitors typeahead boxes for Expedia’s bounce strings.
- Designed and developed new TnLs to increase users interactions with typeahead boxes.
- Made the application scalable by moving most of the search ranking algorithm and data from in memory to Elasticsearch.
- Implemented data extraction, cleansing, and analysis from various internal sources and feeding it into the system.
Software Engineer2015 - 2016Paytm
Technologies: Spring, Elasticsearch, Apache Kafka, MySQL
- Migrated a database of user transactions from MySQL to Elasticsearch for looking up user transaction history using Apache Kafka.
- Set up Kibana and designed a dashboard to view the transaction reports.
- Set up the cash-back systems to offer cash back to users in real time.
Programmer2013 - 2015Fidelity International
Technologies: WebSphere, Oracle, Spring, Apache Camel
- Automated the front- and middle-office investment management functions across global business lines, asset classes, and currencies on a single platform for the Charles River IMS.
- Developed major flow components such as order submission, trade-export, new security, and compliance.
- Created batches required by various components of the Charles River System.
- Wrote the fixtures and Wiki pages on a FitNesse tool for live testing and end-to-end integration testing.