Haskell Developer in Zagreb, Croatia
CTO2017 - PRESENTStrongly Typed, Ltd.
Technologies: Haskell, Python, Linux, JavScript, Elm
- Developed technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals.
- Discovered and implemented new technologies that yield competitive advantage.
- Built and supervised system infrastructure.
- Represented the technological agenda in staff meetings and when making hiring decisions.
- Promoted high-quality software development technologies and practices.
CTO2015 - 2017Deegeetal, Ltd.
- Structured the technological backbone of the company and improved existing operational procedures.
- Created the R&D department with operating procedures and introduced quality software development practices.
- Built an engineering team and managed multidisciplinary teams through dozens of projects with varying complexity.
- Provided selective technological debt removal to support company growth.
- Managed product, projects, and accounts.
CTO, Co-founder2013 - 2016Q4U
- Created a scalable language agnostic application architecture with Redis.
- Built a platform for real-time statistics.
- Created a management center where moderators can manipulate the application state (economics, parameters for recommendation algorithms, etc.).
- Created a real-time matching system and feedback platform.
- Provided server administration and deployment.
Lead front-end Developer2014 - 2015PQCQ
- Architected complex multi-site AngularJS architecture using Nginx.
- Built a complex user interface.
- Created an automatic flat allocation algorithm.
- Implemented Gulp build automation.
Official Representative2013 - 2015Mozilla
- Contributed to projects such as Mozilla developer network (KUMA) and FirefoxOS.
- Organized local events as a member of the Mozilla Reps program, also known by its codename ReMo.
Back-end Developer2014 - 2014Neutrino
Technologies: Python, PHP
- Built numerous data mining tools for retrieving information via Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Built a complex proxy to social API with tokens and prioritization.
- Refactored thousands of lines of unreadable code.
Front-end Developer2013 - 2013Gradematic
- Developed a complex questionnaire creator.
- Built a system for asynchronous processing of PDF files.
Front-end Developer2013 - 2013Amaret, Inc.
- Adopted Backbone.js for RTC architecture via websockets.
- Implemented CodeMirror editor for live editing and compilation preview for microcontroller architectures in browser.
Full-stack Developer2010 - 2013Freelance
- Built custom content management systems.
- Developed dozens of Joomla extensions.
- Turned designs into fully functional web applications.
- Q4U (Development)
A fun and fast game where you can meet someone new. Focused on "breaking the ice" problem.
- Buildercore (Development)
A cloud-based sales management solution for medium and high-rise real estate developers.
- Ultimate Tic-Tac-Toe (Development)
A 2-player board game similar to Tic-Tac-Toe. You are playing 10 Tic-Tac-Toe games simultaneously on one 9x9 board.
- Feedback.Guru (Development)
Feedback.Guru is a platform for customers to easily and anonymously provide feedback to companies.
- Gradematic (Development)http://gradematic.com/
A survey and questionnaire application.
- Nikola is a mentor in the Toptal Global Mentor’s Program. This program is a partnership between Toptal and General Assembly to provide high quality mentorship for students from minority and low income backgrounds who are looking to begin their careers as professional software engineers. Nikola shows commitment to diversity in tech by mentoring a General Assembly student every week for a year, covering everything from coding tips and tricks to advice on making it in the industry.
Libraries/APIsUnderscore.js, Socket.IO, Vue.js, REST APIs, SQLAlchemy, SciPy, Sage
ToolsShell, Nginx, Vim Text Editor, Git, Terminal, Zsh, LaTeX, Gulp.js
ParadigmsFunctional Programming, Model View Controller (MVC)
StoragePostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis
OtherMathematics, Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Master's degree in Computer Science and Mathematics2014 - 2016University of Zagreb - Zagreb
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics2010 - 2014University of Zagreb - Zagerb