Verified Expert in Engineering
Software Engineering Developer
Nikola is a software developer, computer scientist, and mathematician with a decade of experience in successfully delivering projects in various programming languages and paradigms. He is a practical individual who prides himself on clear communication and efficient coding.
Tmux, Zsh, Git, Vim Text Editor, Debian
The most amazing...
...software I've built is a real-time matching algorithm with recommendation heuristics.
Strongly Typed, Ltd.
- Developed technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals.
- Discovered and implemented new technologies that yield competitive advantage.
- Built and supervised system infrastructure.
- Represented the technological agenda in staff meetings and when making hiring decisions.
- Promoted high-quality software development technologies and practices.
- Structured the technological backbone of the company and improved existing operational procedures.
- Created the R&D department with operating procedures and introduced quality software development practices.
- Built an engineering team and managed multidisciplinary teams through dozens of projects with varying complexity.
- Provided selective technological debt removal to support company growth.
- Managed product, projects, and accounts.
- Created a scalable language agnostic application architecture with Redis.
- Built a platform for real-time statistics.
- Created a management center where moderators can manipulate the application state (economics, parameters for recommendation algorithms, etc.).
- Created a real-time matching system and feedback platform.
- Provided server administration and deployment.
Lead front-end Developer
- Architected complex multi-site AngularJS architecture using Nginx.
- Built a complex user interface.
- Created an automatic flat allocation algorithm.
- Implemented Gulp build automation.
- Contributed to projects such as Mozilla developer network (KUMA) and FirefoxOS.
- Organized local events as a member of the Mozilla Reps program, also known by its codename ReMo.
- Built numerous data mining tools for retrieving information via Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Built a complex proxy to social API with tokens and prioritization.
- Refactored thousands of lines of unreadable code.
- Developed a complex questionnaire creator.
- Built a system for asynchronous processing of PDF files.
- Adopted Backbone.js for RTC architecture via websockets.
- Implemented CodeMirror editor for live editing and compilation preview for microcontroller architectures in browser.
- Built custom content management systems.
- Developed dozens of Joomla extensions.
- Turned designs into fully functional web applications.
AngularJS, CherryPy, CodeIgniter, Yii
Underscore.js, Socket.IO, Vue, REST APIs, Node.js, React, SQLAlchemy, SciPy, RefluxJS, Backbone.js, Sage
Shell, NGINX, Vim Text Editor, Git, Terminal, Zsh, LaTeX, Tmux, Gulp
Functional Programming, Model View Controller (MVC)
Linux, Debian, Joomla
PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis
Mathematics, Software Engineering, Consulting, Codebase Development, Node.js Consulting Specialist, Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Master's Degree in Computer Science and Mathematics
University of Zagreb - Zagreb
Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics
University of Zagreb - Zagerb