Verified Expert in Engineering
Four years ago, Nikola started his blockchain obsession by reading a lot about blockchain and bitcoin, then Ethereum showed up which further peaked his interest and two years later, he started developing smart contracts on Ethereum. He is extremely good at optimizing code and has a strong knowledge base in data structures and algorithms. Nikola has worked in teams of all sizes and also as the only developer on projects.
ITerm, GitHub, Remix IDE, Sublime Text, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've worked on is Melon Mail—a fully decentralized email system based on Ethereum; used by MelonPort (one of the biggest companies in crypto world).
- Worked on MelonMain as Solidity developer—helping on some major security tasks.
- Developed in Solidity on the Extend app; with an added responsibility for making all the decisions on the application architecture.
- Built the community gateway for Ethfinex as a Solidity developer; it required that I familiarize myself with their contracts and to find a way to implement a voting system.
- Led the Solidity development in making a Selenean framework for games on Blockchain.
- Researched with a team on state channels, Plasma, and Plasma Cash (all scalable solutions for Ethereum).
- Developed ERC20 (fungible) and ERC721 (non-fungible) tokens.
- Gave a talk about Ethereum at one of the biggest conferences about cryptocurrencies in Serbia.
- Worked as one of three tutors in the biggest Blockchain hackathon in Serbia and also developed the smart contract from where the users got their prizes from.
- Held a three-day workshop about Solidity in our offices for people from Bosnia, Serbia, and Croatia.
- Created a library for VPN on iOS, first of that kind, only a month after that possibility was given on iOS.
- Worked on the back-end in Lua and Scala; was included in the architectural designs as the youngest developer.
- Wrote an algorithm for calculating the best recommendations on mobile packages.
- Made the VPN available to track all data on your iOS device.
- Developed iOS applications for various companies: Telenor and Indosat.
- Worked with different types of databases like Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, and more.
- Created a framework that generated code for iOS apps based on descriptions.
- Led a team of junior developers on a few projects.
- Worked as the main architect of a web application for making and updating your CV.
- Created a plugin for searching houses with more filters and notifications.
- Developed messenger bots on Facebook using Wit.ai.
ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest (ICPC)
Serbian Algorithm Nationals
Solidity, Lua, Scala, PHP, Python, Python 3, Objective-C
Ethereum, Blockchain, MacOS, iOS
Facebook API, Google API
Sublime Text, Remix IDE, GitHub, ITerm
Cryptocurrency, Oraclize, OAuth
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Union University Belgrade | School of Computing - Belgrade, Serbia
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring