Verified Expert in Engineering
Nikola is a talented engineer specializing in full-stack software development. Before moving into consulting, he spent six years working in the mobile communications industry, where he designed and implemented scalable, high concurrency software solutions. Nikola is a supportive and enthusiastic team player dedicated to streamlining processes and efficiently resolving project issues and is willing to take ownership of core components.
Git, Linux, IntelliJ, Jira
The most amazing...
...thing I've done in my career was to work with a team on creating an MVNO (mobile virtual network operator) from scratch over a period of two years.
Software Consultant and Team Manager
Old Dominion Transportation Group
- Managed a team of three developers to design and deliver a taxi service vehicle tracking system for insurance reporting purposes, used by over ten fleets in two countries.
- Led a team of three developers, a designer, and a QA on building a Taxi service SMS and credit card payment solution used by more than ten fleets in the United States.
- Developed an Android application for credit card processing via Stripe's BBPOS Chipper 2X BT solution.
Virtual Assets LLC
- Built a website that allowed users to trade cryptocurrency by depositing cash in one of the 11,000 participating retailers or via ACH (automated clearing house) and converting them to Bitcoin, Ethereum, or Litecoin.
- Integrated with Green Dot's "At The Register" SOAP-based API to facilitate cash deposits.
- Implemented Sila's ACH payment API to allow users to deposit their funds directly from their bank accounts.
- Implemented Block.io and BitGo APIs to support cryptocurrency transfer between different wallets.
Fast Rope Labs
- Developed a near real-time bridge between a custom CRM system and two external CRM platforms: Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Salesforce.
- Combined the Salesforce API and SOQL to support data synchronization between the Salesforce platform and the custom CRM system.
- Integrated the Dynamics 365 REST API to support synchronization of data between the Microsoft Dynamics 365 platform and the custom CRM system.
- Optimized Play Framework by creating a plugin to support executing jobs on multiple, user-defined queues to prevent system congestion caused by long-running tasks.
- Speeded up queue processing by 50% per thread by implementing modern concurrency patterns.
- Designed and implemented the entire back-end stack for the company's influence marketing platform. This consisted of database design, building RESTful API interfaces, logging, and testing.
- Implemented the PayPal API to the platform to provide subscription payments for members.
- Integrated the platform with AWS to provide an advanced user experience when adding and removing offers.
- Integrated the platform with the most popular social networks, including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, and others.
- Set up and implemented system scheduling and maintenance processes which helped to make the platform faster and more space-efficient.
- Established testing and production environments, including automated testing and deployment.
- Designed and developed multiple core modules such as instant messaging, real-time billing, rating, promotion, and customer care for Globaltel MVNO (mobile virtual network operator) over a period of two years.
- Developed SMS Gateway: a scalable, failure-resistant, high-concurrency system for routing SMS messages via SMPP and HTTP (Kannel) protocols across many content providers and networks.
- Built PromoBox platform—a platform that allows mobile operators to manage and offer special promotions to their customers.
- Designed and developed kvib.me universal messaging system—a universal chatting platform via web and USSD (unstructured supplementary service data).
- Led a team on the implementation and development of a USSD gateway and USSD menu browser for BH Telecom.
Back-end, iCabbi, Payment Gateways, SOAP, SMPP, Ajax, Full-stack, Front-end, Computer Engineering
Spring Boot, Play Framework, Play, Hibernate
Stripe, PayPal API, SLF4J, React, jQuery, Apache Lucene, Facebook API
Tcpdump, Git, Apache, Cron, IntelliJ, Jira, Asana, ActiveMQ
Agile Software Development, Concurrent Programming, REST, Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, NetBeans, cPanel, Android
MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
RAF (Racunarski Fakultet) - Belgrade, Serbia