Senior Software Engineer | Data Scientist2020 - PRESENTFortune 500 Company
Technologies: Spark, Data Engineering, Apache Spark, Machine Learning, Data Analytics, AWS EMR, Pandas, PySpark, Python, SQL, Big Data, Jenkins, Data Science, GNU Make
- Contributed to the development of ETL processes using PySpark and EMR.
- Developed abstractions for unit testing PySpark applications.
- Developed PySpark applications for preparing the datasets for further modeling.
- Contributed to the development of advanced data quality assessments using PySpark.
Lecturer2016 - PRESENTJuraj Dobrila University of Pula
- Lectured about dynamic web applications, software engineering, and game development courses.
Technical Consultant | Software Engineer2016 - PRESENTMaistra d.d. | Adris grupa
Technologies: Machine Learning, Data Analytics, XGBoost, Tableau, SQLite, R, Pandas, Python
- Integrated machine learning algorithms for real-time processing of hotel reservations, outputting occupancy forecasts and Pryes optimization suggestions.
- built a data pipeline from transactions to forecasting and optimization.
- Monitored processes and automated data quality checks.
Developer (Data Visualization)2018 - 2018MIT Media Lab | Constitutionology
- Extracted and transformed data using Pandas.
- Built a custom scrolling framework compatible with Vue.js and D3.js.
- Created several data visualizations and animations.
Data Engineer2018 - 2018MIT Media Lab | Skillscape
- Extracted and transformed the required data for the web application to keep it compact.
- Created an Angular 5-based front end and integrated it with D3.js for advanced interactive visualizations.
- Developed multiple interactive D3.js visualizations (networks, charts, and maps).
- Applied Pandas and fuzzy matching to merge heterogeneous datasets.
CTO2009 - 2016Superius
- Led the development of both the back-end and front-end teams for a model-driven multi-platform information system. The end result was implemented in over a dozen South European customers in the supply chain management and retail domains.
- Managed and led the development of a mobile and desktop cloud cash register software-as-a-service (SaaS) product with several thousand SME clients.
- Built a fast in-memory Java-based OLAP solution that was capable of handling several million records efficiently.
- Developed low-level Java drivers for a Bluetooth card payment processing terminal.
- Designed a domain-specific language for specifying the database structure, REST services interfaces, and business processes workflows interpreted on a mobile hybrid web application based on PhoneGap.
- Integrated Pentaho OLAP BI for various clients; programmed numerous MDX queries for extracting data from datamarts.
Co-owner2006 - 2012TrueSTUDIO
- Engineered two major releases of a custom content management system that was implemented in a large Croatian hosting service company.
- Implemented an eCommerce solution for several Croatian retailers.
- Created a web portal for a tourist accommodation aggregator company based in Germany.