- Senior Software Engineer in a connected TV environment2012 - PRESENTAviq Systems
- Created apps to run on LG and Samsung smart TVs.
- Abstracted a framework for playing video content and handling keyboard/mouse navigation that supported a number of recent TV devices and blue-ray players according to their specifications.
- Developed a reusable list control for laying out and navigating hierarchical content.
- Wrote a Python interface for a REST service API.
- Software Engineer for Cisco Quad2011 - 2012Cisco Systems
- Supported existing code and fixed software bugs.
- Took part in the development of a new portlet.
- Was involved in the i18n and l10n of the whole code base.
- Attended regular Scrum meetings.
- Got familiar with several exotic technologies such as MongoDb.
- Software Engineer, Installer Team Member2008 - 2011PostPath (acquired by Cisco Systems)
Technologies: Python, Linux, Windows, Active Directory, LDAP, rpm, RedHat/CentOS
- Supported and refactored an existing Installer code base.
- Designed a new Installer component with similar functionality but highly modular and extendability.
- Implemented the new Installer core from scratch with reusable code and software patterns.
- Implemented text interface and scripting interface.
- Headed a 3 member team.
- Python Software Engineer2006 - 2008Sciant (acquired by VMware)
Technologies: Python, wxPython, VMware, vCenter, ESX
- Participated in the development of a desktop client for vCenter administration using Python/wxPython.
- Did cross-platform programming on Windows, Linux and Mac.
- Used VMware APIs and web services.
- Transformed a prototype into a cool, finished product.
- Python Intern2006 - 2006CERN (IT Department)
Technologies: Python, XML, mySQL
- Worked as an intern on a system named Invenio, an open-source product for library management.
- Created a templating system based on Python and XML technologies.
- Helped export CERN library metadata to Google Scholar.
- Software Developer2003 - 2003Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
- Developed an application in Delphi used in visual cognition experiments.
- Implemented a staircase algorithm for dynamic parameter modification based on user sensitivity feedback to visual stimuli.