Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Scientist and Software Developer
Nino is a software engineer with five years of industry experience in back-end development and, more recently, in data engineering internships at Amazon and Facebook. She has both theoretical and practical knowledge in cloud computing and distributed systems backed by a bachelor's degree in computer science. Nino will also complete a master's degree in data engineering and analytics from the Technical University of Munich in 2021.
MacOS, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Slack
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is an Android messaging app that filters out incoming messages so that users aren't notified when they get annoying spams or ads.
Data Engineering Intern
- Designed, developed, and launched a new ETL and analytics framework for tracking detailed growth and retention metrics across ad infrastructure products.
- Collaborated and communicated with cross-functional teams to create an accompanying dashboard to visualize metrics in a timely manner. The dashboard is used by team members and product managers to make data-driven decisions.
- Presented findings and insights to the Facebook data engineering community to encourage wider adoption and build cross-functional collaboration.
Junior Research Scientist (Intern)
- Developed a robust and scalable package in Spark to perform statistical inference on large amounts of data.
- Used Apache Spark's RDD layer to perform in-memory computations on a large amount of data in order to scale the package to work on millions of rows.
- Implemented cloud technologies (AWS) to store the data (S3), perform computations on it (EC2), and distribute computations in clusters (EMR).
- Developed or fixed features for an online executive career service. Maintained iOS and Android mobile apps.
- Tracked and fixed bugs using Jira as a reporting tool. Pushed code changes to the system, using GitLab with a CI/CD pipeline.
- Incorporated third-party APIs for tracking user engagement and retention in Experteer's applications.
- Developed and maintained parts of an application that provides a healthcare management system for the largest healthcare distributor in Georgia.
- Updated the status of tasks and bugs I worked on, using Jira as a reporting tool.
- Used Git as a source control system and kept clean documentation about the developing system for further assistance.
Sentiment Analysis of Amazon Product Reviews
SQL, Ruby, Python, Scala
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby on Rails 5, Spark, Apache Spark
Databases, PostgreSQL, Data Pipelines, Apache Hive, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Google Cloud
Back-end Development, Informatics, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Linear Regression, Data Visualization, API Integration, Data Engineering, Data Analysis, Back-end, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), Information Theory, Computer Vision, Cloud Computing, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Statistics, Optimization, CI/CD Pipelines, Dashboards, Mobile Apps, Sentiment Analysis, Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs)
NumPy, REST APIs, TensorFlow
Postman, RSpec, Docker Compose, Git, Slack, GitLab, Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR), Jira, Apache Airflow
MacOS, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EC2, iOS, Android, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Progress Toward Master's Degree in Data Engineering and Analytics
Technical University of Munich - Munich, Germany
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Free University of Tbilisi - Tbilisi, Georgia