Co-Founder, Developer2010 - PRESENTJadehopper, Ltd.
- Developed responsive WordPress sites for a range of different companies.
- Worked with a small team on the user interface of the BlackBerry PlayBook browser.
- Developed a browser-based story building platform for a start-up.
- Developed multimedia components for an interactive installation at a Norwegian music museum.
- Was responsible for training and developing training material for BBC including notes and exercises.
- Integrated social photo sharing into an existing web app for an up and coming US-based startup.
Developer2004 - 2010HQLondon ltd.
- Built a gallery walk-through experience for the HSBC Innovation Labs.
- Worked with Plugin Media to produce a 3D simulation of baseball pitches for Major League Baseball.
- Designed the e-learning course, determined the technology and mentored the team for the NHS Spine project.
- Responsible for corporate and classroom training as a Macromedia and Adobe Certified Instructor.
- Worked with a selection of advertising agencies in London, UK developing online campaigns.
- Assisted with the running of Macromedia (and then Adobe) User Groups in London and Brighton.
- Presented at international conferences on the topics of Accessibility and bug-fixing.
Interactive Designer2003 - 2004Prismix Ltd.
- Designed and developed CSS templates for onFolio.
- Developed interactive site for a cosmetic surgeon.
- Lectured as a Macromedia Certified Instructor.
Lecturer2002 - 2003Concept Interactive
- Macromedia Certified Instructor
- Adobe Certified Instructor
Developer2002 - 2002Maverick
- Build web games for a large South African ISP.
- Developed promotional interactive CD-ROMs for a horse race event.
- Developed an award winning interactive weather screen saver.
Contractor2001 - 2002Publik
Technologies: Flash ActionScript
- Contracted to design and develop an educational game for SABMiller
Instructor, Head of Research and Development1998 - 2001MediaTek
- Adobe Certified Instructor.
- Macromedia Certified Instructor.
- Developed e-learning for a non-profit to teach basic read/writing skills.
- Developed e-learning for a non-profit to create basic HIV/AIDS awareness.
- Developed training material notes and exercises.
- jadehopper (Development)http://jadehopper.com
Redesigned and developed the site for our company using responsive web design techniques in order to deliver a solution that looks and works great on any device — from laptops to tablets to mobile phones.
- Tessa Hyde Property Management (Development)http://thpm.ky
Redesigned and developed the site for a local property management company using responsive web design techniques in order to deliver a solution that looks and works great on any device — from laptops to tablets to mobile phones.
- fotb.me (Development)
- BlackBerry PlayBook (Development)
Contracted by BlackBerry (formerly Research In Motion) to work alongside them and teams at QNX Software Systems in Ottawa, developing for their then-upcoming tablet — the BlackBerry Playbook. Worked on and prototyped some first-party apps on the run-up to the PlayBook launch in May, 2011.
ToolsAdobe Photoshop, Tower, Coda 2, Adobe Illustrator, Stylus, Adobe Fireworks, Git, Charles, Eclipse IDE, PyCharm, WebStorm, Atom
ParadigmsResponsive Web Design (RWD), Agile Software Development, REST, BEM
FrameworksBootstrap, AngularJS, ZURB Foundation, MapKit
Libraries/APIsGoogle Maps, jQuery, Instagram API, Facebook API, Twitter API
OtherUser Experience (UX), Ajax, CodeKit, UI Kit