VP of Engineering2016 - PRESENTLitify
Technologies: Salesforce, Apex
- Overhauled the engineering team, offboarded initial consultants, and onboarded full-time staff engineers. Performed ~200 interviews.
- Personally discovered and fixed dozens of high-priority bugs with average turnaround time of under a day.
- Increased engineering output by an order of magnitude while cutting spend by >25%.
VP of Engineering2014 - 2016Morgan & Morgan
Technologies: WordPress, Salesforce, Apex, PHP, Ruby
- Built the company's engineering team from the ground up.
- Conceived and built v1s for numerous high-profile projects.
Founder2014 - 2015Barge
Technologies: AngularJS, Docker, AWS OpsWorks, Chef, AWS EC2, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Built tooling to manage thousands of amazon EC2 instances.
- Handled very large amounts of log data.
- Isolated test runs using Docker.
Interim CTO2013 - 2014InterviewJet
Technologies: Heroku, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Took over the technology department, prioritized bugs and features, and brought the software to launch in a matter of weeks.
Director of Engineering2013 - 2013YouAreTV
Technologies: WebSockets, SockJS, Socket.IO, Node.js, Backbone.js, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Inherited a real-time video and chat application prototype and made it ready for prime-time. Succeeded in getting it up and running in a matter of weeks with no prior experience on the tech stack.
- Rewrote an entire back-end to support a theoretically unlimited number of concurrent users.
- Modified the codebase and infrastructure to allow for local development.
- Built custom tooling to load test web socket connections.
- Integrated Redis Pub/Sub for real-time communication.
Lead Software Engineer2010 - 2013GroupCommerce
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Ruby, Haskell, PHP, MySQL, C#
- Worked as the first engineering employee after the CTO, responsible for a large portion of the design and code that launched for our first clients including DailyCandy, Thrillist, and New York Times.
- Developed an integral part of our white label, a multi-tenant eCommerce system servicing roughly 4 million requests/day including an email processing subsystem, credit card processing, and multi-currency support (C#).
- Wrote scripts to automate builds, including Amazon AWS provisioning and deployment and SSL procurement and updates (Ruby).
- Took over support for the Haskell advertising app.
Consultant2009 - 2010Ziff Davis Media/PC Magazine
Technologies: FluentNHibernate, NHibernate, ASP.NET MVC, Microsoft SQL Server, LINQ to SQL, C#
- Brought on for this project due to my expertise in ASP.NET MVC.
- Completely redesigned PCMag.
- Re-engineered a Vignette CMS legacy solution.
- Provided an application layer written in C#, LINQ-to-SQL, SQL Server, ASP.NET MVC, NHibernate, and FluentNHibernate.
Lead Developer2005 - 2009Computer Innovations
- Developed custom software for a diverse range of companies and industries.
- Handled requirements gathering, architectural design, and back-end and front-end development.
- Managed a team of offshore auxiliary developers.
Web Technology Engineer1998 - 2002TeamGenesis
Technologies: MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, PHP 4, PHP 3, ASP
- Developed custom web applications in ASP and PHP 3&4 with SQL Server and MySQL databases. Configured and administered Windows and Linux servers & dumb terminals.
- Developed a method of preserving data across subsequent page loads (cookie and cookie-less) before PHP supported sessions.
- Built an employee project and time tracking system (PHP4, MySQL).
- Designed a tool for a printing company to take online orders.
- Created an eCommerce system (ASP, SQL Server) still used by a major electronics reseller.