- FounderBarge2014 - PRESENT
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, EC2, Chef, Opsworks, Docker, AngularJS
- Built tooling to manage thousands of amazon EC2 instances.
- Handle very large amount of log data.
- Isolate test runs using Docker.
- Interim CTOInterviewJet2013 - 2014
Technologies: ruby on rails, heroku
- Business was behind launch schedule. I took over technology, prioritized bugs & features, and brought software to launch in a matter of weeks.
- Director of EngineeringYouAreTV2013 - 2013
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, BackboneJS, NodeJS, SocketIO, SockJS, WebSockets
- Inherited a real-time video and chat application prototype and made it ready for prime-time. Succeeded in getting it up and running in a matter of weeks with no prior experience on the tech stack.
- Rewrote an entire back-end to support a theoretically unlimited number of concurrent users.
- Modified the code-base and infrastructure to allow for local development.
- Built custom tooling to load test WebSocket connections.
- Integrated Redis Pub/Sub for real-time communication.
- Lead Software EngineerGroupCommerce2010 - 2013
Technologies: C#, MySQL, PHP, Haskell, Ruby, AWS
- Worked as the first engineering employee after the CTO, responsible for a large portion of the design and code that launched for our first clients including DailyCandy, Thrillist, and New York Times.
- Developed an integral parts of our white label, a multi-tenant eCommerce system servicing roughly 4M requests/day including an email processing subsystem, credit card processing, and multi-currency support (C#).
- Wrote scripts to automate builds, including Amazon AWS provisioning and deployment and SSL procurement & updates (Ruby).
- Took over support for the Haskell advertising app.
- ConsultantZiff Davis Media / PC Magazine2009 - 2010
Technologies: C#, LINQ-to-SQL, SQL Server, ASP.NET MVC, NHibernate, FluentNHibernate
- Brought on for this project due to my expertise in ASP.NET MVC.
- Completely redesigned PCMag.
- Re-engineered a Vignette CMS legacy solution.
- Provided an application layer written in C#, LINQ-to-SQL, SQL Server, ASP.NET MVC, NHibernate, and FluentNHibernate.
- Lead DeveloperComputer Innovations2005 - 2009
- Developed custom software for a diverse range of companies and industries.
- Handled requirements gathering, architectural design, and back-end and front-end development.
- Managed a team of off shore auxiliary developers.
- Web Technology EngineerTeamGenesis1998 - 2002
Technologies: ASP, PHP 3&4, SQL Server, MySQL
- Developed custom web applications in ASP and PHP 3&4 with SQL Server and MySQL databases. Configured and administered Windows and Linux servers & dumb terminals.
- Developed a method of preserving data across subsequent page loads (cookie & cookie-less) before PHP supported sessions.
- Built an employee project & time tracking system (PHP4, MySQL).
- Designed a tool for a printing company to take online orders.
- Created an eCommerce system (ASP, SQL Server) still used by a major electronics reseller.