Developer | Owner2016 - PRESENTSailwind Digital
Technologies: Full-stack, WordPress
- Ran the day-to-day operations of a solo practice web development shop.
- Specialized in custom WordPress and front-end solutions.
- Managed projects with clients to ensure that timelines and expectations are met.
- Partnered with clients as a web strategy consultant and gave direction for digital marketing.
Instructor2018 - 2018University of Pennsylvania
- Taught a six-month, intensive boot camp program for full-stack web development. Students begin by learning the basics of HTML and finish by learning more modern technologies/frameworks in the MERN stack (MongoDB, Express.js, React, and Node.js).
Application Developer2016 - 2016Engine Room Technology
- Created fully functional websites and applications for clients using WordPress, Drupal, and Laravel.
- Worked with project managers and clients to estimate work and create timelines—ensuring the timely delivery of work.
- Recognized as the team’s WordPress expert. Oversaw WordPress site builds and custom plugin development and advised the development team on best practices.
- Facilitated the move towards more sustainable Dev Ops—setting up a process for version control and local development.
- Led the development team as a client point of contact. Participated in many in-person client meetings, demos, and status calls.
Associate Lead Web Developer2014 - 2016WebpageFX
- Planned and developed responsive web solutions for clients ranging from small eCommerce stores to web sites for Fortune 100 companies.
- Executed a website/email hosting initiative to better provide hosting solutions for clients.
- Collaborated as a team to develop and maintain a large scale, client-facing tool for collecting lead data and personalizing content by industry, geolocation, and other segments.
- Mentored and trained junior developers on best practices in web development.
- Maintained and troubleshot over 400 client sites.
Internet Marketer2013 - 2014WebpageFX
Technologies: Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Performed SEO improvements and optimized over 50 client accounts.
- Tracked and improved traffic, conversions, and impressions with Google Analytics.
- Executed on-page SEO audits and A/B tests to provide detailed client recommendations.
- Managed a portfolio of clients and provided timely feedback and customer support.
- Created and administered technical training for new internet marketers joining the team.