Software Consultant2019 - PRESENTTarget
Technologies: React Native, React, Node.js, Express.js, TypeScript, MongoDB
- Developed customer-facing web and React Native applications on a team that earned personal recognition from Target's executive leaders.
- Delivered full-stack solutions to complex UX problems with Node.js, React, and React Native.
- Took ownership of an architectural transition from role-based to complex attribute-based access control.
- Mentored junior developers one-on-one to grow their general engineering skills as well as proficiency with specific technology.
Freelance Web Developer2017 - PRESENTClients (via Toptal)
- Coordinated remotely with clients across 5,000+-mile geographical distances.
- Spun up and become productive on new projects within days of getting access to the code.
- Used a wide variety of tools, frameworks, and architectures to fit the needs and existing assets of every project.
- Pair-programmed with technical clients on challenging or time-sensitive problems.
- Architected both the front-end and back-end systems to best achieve the goals of each project.
Software Engineer III2018 - 2019Crowdstrike
- Collaborated with remote team to build cutting-edge security software and stop breaches.
- Added features to Falcon UI to enable security professionals to better protect their endpoints.
- Developed internal tools to assist in in-house administration, deployment, and support of Falcon.
- Coordinated with team members across disciplines to deliver effective solutions.
- Studied real-world attack scenarios and how they can be mitigated or stopped outright by following best security practices.
Consulting Technical Lead2016 - 2018Inkit, LLC
Technologies: Angular 2, React, Redux, Vue.js, Vuex, TypeScript, Python, Google App Engine, Jenkins, Caddy
- Architected and developed a WYSIWYG in-browser editor for designing physical postcards.
- Designed product features from the conceptualization stage through technical architecture and implementation.
- Led a decentralized team of world-class developers to build robust software under resource constraints.
- Deployed a system of immutable microservices into Kubernetes to handle customer needs at scale.
- Ran continuous integration and deployment with Jenkins and Google Kubernetes Engine.
- Implemented agile processes such as storyboarding, standup, and sprint planning meetings.
Full-stack Software Engineer2016 - 2017Online Freelance Agency
Technologies: React, Redux, Node.js, Express.js, Go, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Replaced brittle point-to-point integrations with distributed microservices to better control enterprise data.
- Performed domain-discovery and research on complex business requirements and the best way to address them.
- Created an internal employee browsing application using React, GraphQL, and Material Design.
- Developed and maintained microservices with Node, Go, MySQL, Redis, and MongoDB in order to meet varied data management needs.
- Worked remotely with the client and team members around the world.
Software Engineer2015 - 2016Code42 Software
Technologies: React, Angular 1, Electron, Java, Jenkins
- Planned and implemented the refactoring efforts to reduce large amounts of technical debt in the front-end projects.
- Supported multiple web applications using a range of technologies to serve different customer needs.
- Wrote comprehensive user acceptance tests with Cucumber and Capybara.
- Created a reporting application for IT administrators to view comprehensive reports about their Code42 environment.
- Replaced a manual build process for web projects with Jenkins.
Full-stack Software Engineer2014 - 2015Freelance Work
Technologies: Node.js, Angular 1, React, MongoDB, MySQL
- Developed single-page apps and REST APIs to meet client specifications.
- Handled the deployment and hosting of client projects.
- Created a WYSIWYG editor for printing photo-heavy books.
- Assisted in the product direction, UI design, and hiring of other contractors.
Web Developer Intern2014 - 2014Maverick Software Consulting
Technologies: TypeScript, Java, Backbone.js, MongoDB
- Maintained a TypeScript-based admin UI for the client's in-house support staff.
- Extended a Java/Tomcat REST API to support admin UI features.
- Contributed to test-driven development and code reviews to ensure modularity and correctness of the software.