Senior Software Engineer2013 - PRESENTMedidata Solutions
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, AWS, Objective-C, Java
- Developed internal back-end APIs to support a cloud infrastructure.
- Developed mobile apps in both Android and iOS to aid in data collection for clinical trials.
- Worked on internal tools to improve developer productivity and ease the process of deploying software.
- Created a cross-platform library in C++ to share business logic between both iOS and Android applications.
- Worked with AWS technologies (S3, SQS, Kinesis) to create a scalable infrastructure for large-scale data ingestion.
Developer / CTO2011 - 2013DormDeal
- Launched startup to provide college students with a streamlined experience for buying and selling used goods.
- Developed a back-end system in Ruby on Rails, focusing on design, performance, usability, and security.
- Deployed software using EngineYard.
- Branded and advertised product, gaining over a thousand users in the local Pittsburgh area.
- Created a restful API to facilitate communication with the DormDeal mobile app.
Software Engineering Intern2012 - 2012CustomInk
- Developed an internal tool for tracking customers, sales, and potential sales.
- Observed internal users to more accurately develop a UX that met their needs.
- Transitioned the tool from an antiquated Java back-end to a newer, more modular Ruby on Rails web service.
- Coordinated with analytics team to ensure the right data was being captured and presented.
- Deployed software and rolled it out to internal users gradually.
Software Engineering Intern2008 - 2010Vivisimo
- Developed an internal tool to allow for easy customization of Vivisimo's search engine.
- Worked with XSLT to produce custom layouts for use with the search engine results.
- Worked with UX team to implement a clean, usable front-end.
- Wrote a suite of unit and functional tests to ensure the working functionality of the software.
- Worked within a small agile team to plan requirements for efficient development and release of software.