Android Developer2020 - PRESENTSelf-employed
- Developed an app to track daily progress towards a healthy lifestyle.
- Created a dashboard enabling users to analyze their progress over different time periods and monitor averages.
- Included feature with a calendar view to highlight the best and worst days from a lifestyle perspective.
- Delivered a score-based app providing daily scores that calculate various lifestyle metrics as quantified by the user. The UI is very intuitive and makes tracking a ten-second task.
Associate Consultant2014 - 2019Google (on the payroll of Global Logic)
- Acted as team lead and as an individual developer in the Google Travels vertical for product development for Google hotel partners. The products are used by internal teams as well as more than 600 Google hotel partners worldwide.
- Developed multi-threaded, parallel, and asynchronous codes to address performance bottlenecks and deliver quick response times to the end-user.
- Designed and developed new tools for the application from scratch using the best possible design patterns, optimized data flows, and data structures.
- Contributed plugins to the Google development frameworks which proved useful across verticals. I was awarded for and recognized as one of the pioneers who contributed to internal frameworks.
- Initiated two significant contributions; the HaTS (shorturl.at/fBV78) plugin and a Google Maps component for Google development frameworks.
- Developed callouts for hotel partners, which are one-liner texts appearing below hotel names in Google search results.
- Received a "readability" award in the Java language and reviewed codes for more than 800 code-changes across teams for code styles, design patterns, and the use of appropriate data structures.
- Developed an editor with stateful properties that impacted approximately 30 onboarding partners per quarter.
Technical Officer2011 - 2014Centre for Development of Advanced Computing
- Led a team for back-office modules for the in-house hospital management information system (eSushrut) for multiple clients simultaneously focusing on the development of new features using Java and Oracle.
- Trained end-users, testing teams, and foreign delegates about software usability.
- Developed POCs for new features and mentored new staff.
- Communicated proactively with clients for new requirements brainstorming and change analysis.
Software Engineer2011 - 2011One97 Technologies
- Implemented the Google Talk API using Google SMACK API. This API provided back-end support for chat on mobile through SMS and WAP.
- Mentored interns for feature development and integration.
- Researched various open source Java mobile APIs extensively.
Software Developer2009 - 2011Treystaa Services
- Developed knowledge process indicator (KPI) features using XML and other web technologies, along with Hibernate, and MySQL administration.
- Developed an in-memory star schema data warehouse architecture and used profiler tools (Netbeans in-built profiler and Your-Kit Java profiler) and Google protocol buffers for this purpose.
- Implemented a JCS cache for the in-house Business intelligence platform to make the data warehouse queries at least 50% more performant.