Software Engineer2019 - PRESENTHoneycomb Labs
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), React Native, Vue, Go, Agora, OpenTok, Django REST Framework, Django, PostgreSQL, Redis, Docker, NGINX, AWS Lambda, WebSockets, Firebase, Redux, TypeScript, APIs
- Joined as the first engineering hire, contributed to shaping and implementing the MVP, and helped transition the mobile web app to a React Native app.
- Owned the design and development of a video calling feature core to the product.
- Designed and implemented WebSocket and long polling-based communication microservices.
Lead Developer2016 - PRESENTNNSS Admissions
- Designed and implemented a system to manage the school’s admission process involving tens of thousands of students each year.
- Built a monitoring system that reduced end-user complaints to administrators about non-software-related issues and reduced the time taken to address software errors.
- Implemented data exports in various formats for administrators, which reduced report generation time from hours to a few minutes.
- Introduced optimizations to reduce infrastructure costs by more than 10%.
Technical Consultant2020 - 2020390Labs
Technologies: GitHub, Django, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), NGINX, Docker, Vue, Express.js, Node.js, APIs
- Designed and implemented a video-conferencing application.
- Supervised the dockerizing and deployment of microservices.
- Gave technical advice regarding authentication across microservices.
- Set up CI system for automated deployments to staging and live environments.
Software Developer2019 - 2020HotelsNG
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), SCSS, MySQL, NGINX, Docker, Laravel, PHP, APIs
- Designed, implemented, and deployed an internal email tool built on top of Amazon SES.
- Wrote a package for integrating tools into other sites.
- Implemented Figma designs with Laravel Blade and SCSS.
- Integrated automated drip emails using Amazon SES.
- Implemented designs for internal projects using HTML, CSS/SCSS, and Vue.js.
Back-end Developer2018 - 2020Commit News
Technologies: Firebase, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), PostgreSQL, Redis, Celery, Django REST Framework, Django, Python, APIs
- Designed and implemented system architecture and structure for the REST API back-end for an iOS application.
- Implemented an article recommender service that handled indexing and querying news articles.
- Built a scraping system for gathering news articles from various sources.
- Implemented post-MVP optimizations to reduce the average query count by more than 50%, average response time by more than 20%, and infrastructure costs by up to 15%.
Senior Developer2017 - 2019Mauvera
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Redis, Celery, Webpack, React, Channels, Django REST Framework, Django, APIs
- Managed a distributed team of five to build an online event ticketing platform.
- Guided and worked on the implementation of a REST API with TDD.
- Designed and implemented a plugin system to allow ticket sales on other sites powered by Mauvera.
- Implemented real-time ticket scanning with Web RTC and WebSockets.
- Implemented optimizations to reduce the loading time for all the pages on the site to less than 2.5MB without caching.
- Implemented Figma designs in HTML and converted them to React components.
- Set up conversion from React to Preact at build time and other optimizations.
- Designed and implemented a service for real-time scanning of pdf tickets.
Senior Full-stack Developer2018 - 2018Lush Plans
Technologies: Shopify, MongoDB, Express.js, Node.js, React
- Converted Figma designs to HTML.
- Developed React-based front-end features both with plain React and Shopify Polaris components.
- Designed and implemented algorithms for business requirements on the back-end.
- Onboarded and mentored new junior developers.
Full-stack Web Developer2017 - 2017WeMove
- Worked across the stack to make admin dashboard pages.