Oguzhan Burak Tekin
Verified Expert in Engineering
Solution Consultant and Developer
Oguzhan is a senior solution consultant with over 25 years of experience across the telecommunications, web hosting, banking, government, manufacturing, and research industries. With a comprehensive background and an extensive skill set, he contributed to HPC, AI, ML, analytics, virtualization, ERP, video surveillance, security, network, and convergence projects. Oguzhan specializes in designing and implementing HPC systems with hundreds of concurrent users.
Linux, BeeGFS, HPCC Systems, Slurm Workload Manager, Lustre, DRBD, Proxmox, SR-IOV, Containers, FreeIPA
The most amazing...
...2PB Lustre parallel file system I've redesigned from scratch gave out 30% more throughput than the installation based on the hardware vendor's blueprint.
HPC Solutions Manager
- Designed and implemented HPC systems for multiple universities, research centers, and manufacturing, mining, and aerospace companies.
- Applied the newest technologies to convert classical HPC systems into highly managed out-of-the-box systems, improving user experience.
- Used technologies like hardware and software virtualization, SRIOV, containers, hyper-convergence, NVMe caching, clustering, and DRBD replication to increase cluster performance and availability.
- Upgraded multiple HPC systems from unsupported operating systems to new-generation LTS Linux distributions to extend the life of HPC systems and deliver new applications.
- Led the implementation of high-capacity and high-performance Lustre and BeeGFS file systems.
- Engaged urgently on several major server and cloud infrastructure issues that affected operations.
- Fixed problems affecting the operability of the storage system, re-established accessibility of data, optimized storage configuration to prevent additional capacity outages, and maintained hardware to resolve other issues.
- Solved problems with the firewall that stopped communications and re-established VPN connections to make the system operational for remote connections.
- Resolved other issues and provided necessary recommendations to prevent performance issues.
Expert Data Consultant
St Jude Childrens Research Hospital - Bioinformatics
- Worked on the performance improvement of the HPC system on Azure, diagnosing the system, identifying bottlenecks, and advising improvement areas.
- Implemented a Grafana-based monitoring system and ran thorough performance tests to pinpoint environmental facts that reduce performance.
- Improved availability of BeeGFS parallel file system on Azure.
- Helped enterprises with tailored digital transformation solutions on the modernization journey for analytics and data science, data management, robotic process automation, social media services, and mobility services.
- Developed new business opportunities in Turkey for custom-designed applications.
- Converted ideas into projects, created the workflows towards the MVP stage and led the solution architects on the designs.
Senior Solution Consultant
- Owned the market growth of the x86 server product portfolio, increasing market share from 3% to 47%.
- Managed datacenter computing projects in the unnamed account whitespace providing US$200,000 to US$10 million in revenue, and designed hundreds of enterprise computing projects.
- Helped design and implement new business processes to improve profitability, sales cycles, and logistics in indirect markets.
- Led projects on various subjects like HPC, AI, big data analytics, Hadoop, machine learning, deep learning, SAP HANA, SQL, Oracle, HCI and virtualization, hybrid cloud and SDDC solutions, surveillance and video analytics, and SDS–Ceph, vSAN, S2D.
System Engineering Manager
- Led the technical business development for backbone, LAN, wireless, xDSL, VPN, and VoIP product lines and introduced more than 200 products into the market.
- Collaborated with R&D in the design of new products and PoCs.
- Worked closely with clients to create RFPs for public tenders, developing many winning strategies.
Sabanci University | Sun HPC Project
To effectively use the existing hardware, I created a primarily virtual environment on Proxmox VE and selected an operating system based on Rocky Linux 8.6. I used technologies like Open vSwitch, SR-IOV, and VF with Infiniband HCAs, bonding, GPU computing, Ceph, BeeGFS, and BeeOND. I also implemented NVMe caching on storage tiers for improved IO performance and a metadata service with DRBD HA and pacemaker, going beyond regular networking and hardware boundaries. For the deployment of compute nodes and other functions, I used xCAT. Finally, I equipped the system with the latest versions of GNU, Intel, PGI Compilers, Python, R, OpenMPI stack, Slurm, Environment Modules, and Singularity. The system is monitored with dashboards in Grafana and XDMoD.
Researchers have access to the system over a security gateway with SSH or RDP. Now they can use the latest applications compiled from open-source code, containers, and commercial apps and visualize data on the HPC system without moving data back to their local environments.
Turkmenbashi International Seaport | Video Surveillance Project
HPC - BeeGFS Performance Analysis and Improvement on Azure
Consultancy for BeeGFS on Azure for St. Jude Children's Cancer Research Hospital
I reviewed configurations of the BeeGFS cluster and implemented necessary dashboards to monitor the storage system and identify the root cause of underperforming. After running the required performance tests, the root cause was identified. The server resources for the metadata system were not enough and caused saturation. The necessary advisory was provided to improve the performance long term.
High-performance Computing, Management
Linux, CentOS, Azure, PowerEdge VRTX, Proxmox, SAP HANA
Scientific Computing, RHEL, HPCC Systems, BeeGFS, Dell PowerEdge Servers, Clustering, Networking, Firewalls, Slurm Workload Manager, Compilers, LDAP, xCAT, Cluster Management, File Systems, Data Engineering, Servers, Troubleshooting, Virtual Machines, GPU Computing, VoIP, Wireless Systems, Wireless Protocols, LAN, WAN, AlphaFold, Mellanox Technologies, XD Metrics on Demand (XDMoD), Conda, oneAPI, Rocky Linux, IT Project Management, Vendor Management, Partner Management, Logistics, Video Surveillance, Finance, Managerial Economics, Business Development, Business to Business (B2B), Software Design, Virtualization, Cloud Storage, Architecture, SR-IOV, Containers, FreeIPA
VPN, Hyper-V, GCC, MATLAB Parallel Computing Toolbox, Gurobi, R Studio, PyCharm, Grafana, Intel Parallel Studio, Terminal, Pacemaker, Distributed Replicated Block Device (DRBD)
Data Centers, Databases, GlusterFS, DRBD
Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
Yeditepe University - Istanbul, Turkey
Bachelor's Degree in Physics
Middle East Technical University - Ankara, Turkey
BeeGFS Certified System Engineer