Web Infrastructure Software Engineer2017 - 2018Coursera
Technologies: React.js, Flow.js, Webdriver,io
- Led the growth team.
- Built, scaled, and tested a few isomorphic high-throughput React.js web apps.
- Improved developers' tool set for flow.js and webdriver.io.
- Built a new, flexible multi-step onboarding workflow.
Web Infrastructure Software Engineer2016 - 2017Google, Apps, Gmail and Inbox
- Integrated a new Java→EcmaScript 6 transpiler.
- Refactored Java code to adhere to Java subset suitable for transpiler.
- Technically led a sub-team of four engineers during integration.
- Coded many automatic source→source conversion tools in Python and bash.
Senior Software Engineer2013 - 2015Google, Ads, DoubleClick for Publishers
Technologies: Java, GWT, BigTable, MySQL
- Supported a real-time, billion-dollar ad delivery system, mostly in Java.
- Created Google’s next video advertisement platform.
- Technically led a team of five front-end engineers.
- Built a scalable back-end system to support millions of customers.
- Wrote Java code and tests to extremely high standards.
- Debugged and profiled production issues.
- Designed many upcoming features and future integrations.
Mobile Software Architect2011 - 2013The New York Times
- Designed and developed the NYTimes’ next mobile website (in-progress) on Node.js using CoffeeScript, dust templates, LESS.
- Designed and led the development of an A/B testing tool for www.nytimes.com.
- Wrote automatically testable code using mocha, sinon.js, JSCoverage, and Silenium+JS Driver.
- Wrote highly maintainable code broken into NPM modules, MVP, and UI components.
- As an architect, I led developers in my group technologically using brainstorming sessions, code reviews, peer programming, and demos.
- Introduced and implemented back-end cutting-edge technologies: node.js, Redis, varnish, grunt.
- Experienced with the latest front-end features – offline web applications, CSS3 transformations and transitions, local storage, WebSQL, and libraries – jQuery, Require.js, Backbone.js, Ext.JS / ST, and others.
- Launched a new, innovative HTML5 product in a timely fashion with no technical problems.
Lead Mobile Application Developer2010 - 2011Reuters
- Developed and supported Reuters’ native iOS apps: “News Pro for iPhone” and “News Pro for iPad”; embedded external SDKs; debugged crashes; fixed bugs.
- Helped raise Reuters’ app rating from 3 to 4.5 by tackling and fixing long-time problems and crashes.
- Maintained scalable back-end web services using Apache, Tomcat, JDBC, and memcache.
- Acted as technical liaison between business developers, product managers, designers, editors, analysts, ad-ops, and third party providers, and the rest of the dev team (partly offshore).
Professional Services Team Lead2009 - 2010Expand Networks
Technologies: Java, Networking
- Generated revenue for Expand Networks by providing technical services to customers.
- Developed Java applications and patches to reduce response time for customers.
- Exclusively handled and executed all training of clients about Expand Networks’ products.
Network Instructor and Engineer2000 - 2006IDF
Technologies: Networking, IP networks, Security, TCP/IP, Ethernet and VLAN switching, IP, routing protocols, TCP and UDP, common applications, Redundancy protocols, Security, Multicast, WAN
- Trained about 30 new recruits in networking using lectures, tests, CBTs, and recorded videos.
- Designed and implemented several new protocols in a large-scale network (100+ routers): routing protocols, multicast, and redundancy protocols.
- Maintained a large-scale network of routers, switches, WAN, and Firewalls.
- Proficiency with computer networks: TCP/IP, Ethernet and VLAN switching, IP, routing protocols, TCP and UDP, common applications, redundancy protocols, security, multicast, WAN.
Co-Founder and Lead Web Developer1998 - 2000Bono Pie Israel
- Founded, coded, and maintained a website with about 100,000 members.
- Led a team of three web front-end and back-end developers.
- Managed large-scale MS-SQL server set using SPs, indexes, and profiling.
- Managed large deployment of IIS web servers.
Programmer1996 - 1998Dolphin Ore LTD
Technologies: VB, ASP, MS-SQL, Access
- Coded in VB, ASP, Access, and SQL.