Volunteer Software Developer2018 - PRESENTContribution to Gentoo Linux
Technologies: C, Python, Bash
- Opted to become a Gentoo contributor after being a Gentoo user for more than five years.
- Contributed as a developer—and not on a user—level furthered my understanding of how package managers work and, in particular, Gentoo's portage; dealt with C, Python, and peaked into the inner workings of Gnome desktop manager.
- Maintained or introduced packages that I actually use in Gentoo.
- Became active in the Gentoo community as well as in Drupal helped me to reflect on the pros and cons of each one.
- Learned how different communities approach similar problems on a technical and organization level.
Senior Drupal Architect | Team Lead2016 - PRESENTWebsolutions Agency
Technologies: Redis, Solr, Git, Varnish, jQuery, MySQL, Apache, PHP, Drupal
- Worked for Websolutions Agency, an outsourcing company which has given me the chance to see how development work is approached in various types of companies.
- Acted as a team lead by mentoring, supporting, and guiding multiple team members.
- Multitasked well and worked on various projects simultaneously.
- Led the team development for a legacy enterprise Drupal project; took away from this project the importance of making correct architectural decisions early on in the design process.
- Migrated, with zero downtime, the back-end search facilities to another provider for the official Croatian Tourism Board website.
Volunteer Developer2012 - PRESENTContributions on Drupal.org
Technologies: MySQL, Apache, jQuery, PHP, Drupal
- Act as a co-maintainer on the top 10 Drupal module, Webform.
- Designed flexible architectures.
- Maintained the modules' documentation.
- Ensured that the modules are portable as they are executed across a multitude of configurations and environments.
- Integrated, on a number of occasions, modules with external tools or other contributed modules—expanding my overall knowledge of the Drupal ecosystem and exposing me to a number of contributed modules on a deeper level.
- Constantly security audited the Drupal source code—identifying, reporting, and fixing a number of exploits throughout these years.
CEO2016 - 2018PostMex
Technologies: Linux, jQuery, NGINX, PostgreSQL, Apache, PHP, Drupal
- Gained incredibly valuable experience on how business, sales, positioning, and marketing work.
- Managed and was in charge of creating business ideas, marketing, and sales.
- Implemented and ran Drupal on a PostgreSQL RDBMS.
- Developed PostMex, a versatile platform for instant pricing of shipping quotes. It features a high degree of flexibility and performance.
- Built the platform with rich feature set which allowed me to implement it for the Mexican and Croatian markets.
- Tested the boundaries of my technical/engineering capacity.
- Developed a custom framework for asynchronously executing Linux processes from PHP.
Senior Drupal Programmer2014 - 2015Sequencing LLC
Technologies: Git, NGINX, Varnish, Sass, jQuery, MySQL, Apache, PHP, Drupal
- Engineered Drupal 7 into a complicated C# system.
- Performance and security tuned application and server.
- Worked in a startup environment with a large number of unknowns and moving targets.
- Worked with a remote team where the members were changing on a frequent basis; I had to expand my soft skillset.
- Developed an enterprise-level platform which deepened my understanding of Drupal 7 on a new level of quality.
- Wrote an intense amount of custom code which expanded my skills in architecting software.
- Architected and then coded a complex framework based on the Drupal 7 Form API to dynamically construct forms based on metadata supplied from the C# system.
IT Director2010 - 2015Global Forwarding Enterprises LLC
Technologies: Subversion (SVN), Bash, Linux, MySQL, Apache, jQuery, CSS, PHP, Drupal
- Progressed from a developer position to the level of IT director.
- Reported directly to the CEO of the company where I perfected my communication skills especially with non-technical stakeholders.
- Managed and was in charge of the development of an enterprise-scale platform for five years.
- Implemented performance optimization.
- Emphasized the importance of architecture which led to the success of an enterprise project.
- Implemented a complex cargo world-wide routing system based on freight parameters and a set of available shipping rates.
PHP Developer2007 - 2008Express IT Soft
- Obtained a web developer position at the age of 15.
- Gained my initial exposure to the world of web development.
- Developed with CMS.
- Learned the basics of HTTP protocol.
- Delivered my first full-scale website from the PSD mockups all the way to the live deployment.