Verified Expert in Engineering
Olivier is an experienced full-stack hands-on tech leader. Over the last 15 years, he has worked as a freelancer with over 100 customers, mainly helping them bootstrap their platforms. Olivier is an expert on the back end, front end, and DevOps. He enjoys managing small teams consisting of one to 30 techs. He uses pair programming, code review, and architect meeting to motivate his colleagues. Olivier is autonomous and has been using agile practices and software craftsmanship since 2006.
Node.js, WebStorm, GitHub, Git, MacOS, TypeScript, React, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is a complex cloud platform with 80+ projects that works on its own. I am proud that it is currently helping tens of nonprofit organizations.
CEO, CTO, and Co-founder
- Designed the product and developed the platform that provides fundraising tools for nonprofit organizations and sports clubs in France, Europe, and beyond that want to modernize raffles, sell tickets online, draw winners automatically, and more.
- Started the company, bootstrapped the tech platform, found first customers, and did business development.
- Designed and built more than 80 microservices in TypeScript, Go, and Python, using custom-made code generators, more than 1,000 query operations in GraphQL, five GraphQL APIs, 40 REST APIs, asynchronous jobs, and event-driven architecture, fully serverless.
Senior DevOps Engineer and Back-end Developer
- Designed a massively parallelized web page analysis platform to audit the carbon footprint of websites for the new startup, using open-source and custom-made back-end tools, all using the serverless infrastructure.
- Tackled the Google Analytics API limits, analyzing more than 200 web pages in less than 45s.
- Developed a zero-cost platform thanks to the serverless technologies that I used.
- Mentored a young developer and worked on the business strategy with the CEO.
Mentor and Principal Architect
- Designed the platform before the launch of the company with the CTO-to-be.
- Developed the first components of the platform, scale to multiple microservices. Developed three admin web apps (an internal admin web app, merchant app, and bank web app), developed a custom-made "receipt matching" algorithm, and trained one to five developers in modern technologies.
- Built a fintech platform with more than 10,000 transactions per hour using 100% serverless technologies and mastered the entire stack, including React components and Terraform IaC.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Developed an eCommerce website and platform for this scaleup from scratch using modern technologies such as Gatsby, React, a headless CMS, and GraphQL.
- Designed a UI design system with three UX designers over the course of six months. I also designed the implementation in React to be optimized for integration with Prismic's headless CMS.
- Developed more than 500 React components single-handedly.
Tech Lead and Mentor
- Founded the company (freelance), found customers, and worked on-site in multiple regions in France and remotely.
- Presented at French conferences on PHP best practices and industrialization.
- Completed around 100 missions from SMB to international, mostly PHP and web technologies.
- Served in a variety of roles, including those of a tech lead, lead developer, CTO, coach, architect, scrum master, and more.
- Worked as a subcontractor for well-known IT architect consulting companies.
CTO and Co-founder
- Co-founded the company from the idea to the production platform.
- Designed and built various versions of the platform architecture.
- Managed a tech team consisting of one to 17 techs, mostly remote freelancers.
- Co-designed five products based on the same technical platform.
OCTO Technology (acquired by Accenture)
- Designed and built application prototypes using Java and PHP.
- Led the PHP offer, including pre-sales, prototypes, consultancy, and build.
- Spoke at conferences. Worked for well-known French enterprises such as Orange, La Poste, Engie, and SFR.
- Managed the web portal of the main web platform. More than 100 web platforms are integrated with the portal.
- Evolved in an ecosystem/portfolio of 100 platforms linked to the portal.
- Managed providers, costs, delays, and planning. Worked in Belgium, Sweden, and Austria.
- Wrote and reviewed functional and technical specifications.
Telecom Software Developer
- Trained in the intelligent network field for a month.
- Contributed as one of 100 worldwide engineers of the intelligent networks division.
- Designed and built services on top of the Alcatel OSP platform (logic).
- Managed accounts for various Alcatel customers in Europe.
- Installed newly created services on-site for customers in Europe.
Digital Raffle for Nonprofit Organizationshttps://gotombola.co
Jest, Express.js, Tailwind CSS, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Symfony, Symfony 3, Symfony 4, PHP MVC, PHPUnit, YARN, Redux, Ionic, Jakarta Server Pages (JSP), React Native, Cypress, Swagger, Angular, Next.js, MUI (Material UI)
Node.js, React, REST APIs, Stripe API, Stripe, Jenkins Pipeline, Redux Form, Stripe Connect API, jQuery, ZeroMQ, TensorFlow, Redux-Saga, PayPal API, Context API, AWS Amplify, SendGrid API, Google Analytics API, PhantomJS
Terraform, Makefile, Lerna, Amazon CloudFront CDN, GitHub, Docker Hub, Docker Compose, AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Make, CircleCI, Jenkins, AWS AppSync, AWS IAM, NPM, Yarn Workspaces, AWS Fargate, PHP-FPM, Varnish, NGINX, WebStorm, Behat, Puppet, Jira, Slack, Travis CI, Redux Thunk, Git, Servlet, Amazon Cognito, Cucumber, Ansible, Webpack, Expo, Gulp, Sketch, Amazon Elastic Container Registry (ECR), React Apollo, MQTT, GitLab, Figma
Test-driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Lambda Architecture, Scrum, Extreme Programming, Kanban, Behavior-driven Development (BDD), DevOps, Web Architecture, API Architecture, REST API Architecture, Microservices Architecture, REST
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, AWS Lambda, Debian Linux, MacOS, Debian, Contentful, Firebase, Kubernetes, Amazon EC2, Zendesk, Web, Oracle
Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MongoDB, NoSQL, JSON, Redis, Google Cloud, OVH, Memcached, MySQL, Elasticsearch
APIs, Storybook, Code Architecture, CTO, Serverless, Technical Leadership, Async/Await, Architecture, Gatsby, Lambda Functions, Widgets, SaaS, Private NPM Modules, Stripe Marketplace, Stripe Payments, Payment APIs, SMS, Keen.io, Amazon Kinesis, Coding, Algorithms, IT Project Management, Progressive Web Applications (PWA), Machine Learning, Webhooks, Prismic
Master's Degree in Computer Engineering
University of Technology of Compiègne (UTC) - Compiègne, Oise, France
AWS Solutions Architect Associate
Amazon Web Services
AWS Certified Developer – Associate
Amazon Web Services
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
Amazon Web Services
Structuring Machine Learning Projects
Improving Deep Neural Networks: Hyperparameter Tuning, Regularization, and Optimization
Neural Networks and Deep Learning