Full-Stack Developer2016 - 2016OpenCraft
Technologies: Django, MySQL, Ansible, Selenium
- Worked on MIT and Harvard's Open edX MOOC platform.
- Collaborated with a completely remote team.
- Worked on an open source project (contributions can be found on GitHub).
- Helped to develop a tool to deploy and manage Open edX sandboxes on OpenStack virtual machines.
Lead Back-end Developer2014 - 2015Playlab Games
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Node.js, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Cassandra
- Recruited and managed a team of 8 developers.
- Scaled Ruby on Rails API back-ends to handle thousands of requests per second from 20+ million users.
- Split a legacy Ruby on Rails monolithic app into 5 separate microservices, improving development speed and maintainability.
- Deployed a Cassandra cluster allowing a new title to scale horizontally in response to rapidly growing traffic.
- Built an Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) framework in Ruby for game analytics.
Developer2012 - 2013Arachnys
Technologies: Python, Django, Celery, Gevent, PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, Backbone.js, CoffeeScript, Less
- Built a distributed web crawler using Python and Gevent.
- Managed an ElasticSearch cluster storing 100+ terabytes of crawled pages.
- Built a web scraping framework in Python for developing targeted scrapers.
- Developed an API back-end for running searches using Django and Celery.
- Implemented a web front-end using CoffeeScript and Backbone.js, styled using Less.