Co-founder2009 - PRESENTPerops
Technologies: Chatbots, Python, Android, Java, Ruby on Rails, Node.js
- Created messenger, telegram, and SMS chat bots with hundreds of thousands of interactions.
- Reached more than 20M users. Four of the apps have more than 1 million downloads in completely different domains, with an average rating of 4.3.
- Extended a powerful image library for Android to provide advanced image and video effects on top of the camera in real time.
- Published open source libraries, created technical posts, and built a team of mobile engineers with high-quality code mindset.
- Bootstrapped more than 10 Android applications from development to launch strategy.
Tech Lead2013 - 2014Pixable
Technologies: Python, Java, MongoDB, PHP
- Led the development of the Java-based back-end for the Photofeed API, storing photos in S3 and using MongoDB as the main storage.
- Created a Windows and Mac app to upload all your photos and videos from your computer, similar to Dropbox.
- Improved the stability and quality of the front-end and the CMS. Added continuous integration and unit testing and establishing a code quality mindset among developers and QA.
- Led the deployment of a CMS and its integration with the back-end for Pixable 2.0.
- Responsible for the web, mobile web, and CMS, managing four developers and three QA people.
Software Engineer2010 - 2013CERN
- Led the development of the agent for the new monitoring infrastructure based on ActiveMQ in Python.
- Integrated the legacy monitoring system, LEMON, into the new infrastructure, using Python and C++.
- Decoupled some components of the legacy monitoring system into isolated services, to be able to scale the system.
- Made substantial contributions to the decisions to be made about the architecture of the new monitoring infrastructure.
- Spearheaded the deployment, configuration, and integration of the ITIL-based tool Service-Now. Used across all support teams at CERN.
Research Engineer2009 - 2010University of Bremen
- Supported relations between ontologies on the back-end, using Ruby on Rails.
- Deployed Bioportal open source software to be used in their biomedical community.
- Exported a tool for mapping between ontologies in RDF.
- Helped the biomedical team to import their ontologies into the system.
Software Engineer2008 - 2008European Bioinformatics Institute
- Created a tool to visualize and filter protein feature annotations, all client-side.
- Created seamless login with the OAuth providers of that time, such as OpenID.
- Gained experience working with a multicultural team.
- Presented Dasty2 at the ECCB in Italy, the major European Computational Biology event in Europe.