Verified Expert in Engineering
Software Architecture Developer
Omar is a full-stack Node.js and Go developer and software architect with over seven years of experience. He has worked with many startups and medium-sized companies. Omar is experienced in converting business requirements into working products and has led multiple technical teams.
MERN Stack, Git, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS, Go, Gorm, Mongoose, PostgreSQL
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was a service that allowed users to upload their code. It handles the deployment and provides per-millisecond billing.
- Developed and maintained the Flutter app for mobile as well as the Electron desktop app.
- Handled Firebase integration with the web and mobile apps.
- Managed the launching and deployments on Android Play Store, iOS App Store, and desktop packaging and distributions.
Full-stack React Developer
- Built the entire back end of the software and the connection to different social platforms.
- Provided the client with my expertise in payment and payout solutions.
- Set up and deploy multiple environments of the system.
Vue, React, and Node.js Developer
Equipment Simulations LLC
- Developed the reworked app for simulation creation using a 2D engine.
- Monitored and maintained core app infrastructure with different environments.
- Wrote multiple automation scripts to help with the build process of core application components.
- Built the internal tool used in the company.
- Maintained different microservices and their connections.
- Reviewed and enhanced the structure of multiple data tables.
- Handled team recruitement.
- Helped and supervised team work.
- Architected the solution rebuild process.
- Helped prioritize and organize company's technical goals.
- Acted as middleman between management and development team.
- Prioritized tasks and deliverables.
- Guided the team through application lifecycle.
- Architected system changes based on business requirements.
- Provided the team with learning sessions on helpful tools in development.
- Interviewed new candidates.
- Reported to senior management on progress.
- Handled deployment of application.
- Guided team development lifecycles.
- Architected software solutions based on client needs.
- Handled deployment, replication, and uptime configuration.
- Handled securing applications.
- Guided team on best practices.
- Assisted project manager on deciding on time estimations.
- Handled interviews for new candidates.
Senior Full-stack Node.js Developer
ArcType (via Toptal)
- Created back-end functionality serving core application.
- Implemented front-end components and pages as needed.
Full-stack Node.js Developer
Ace Match (via Toptal)
- Developed back end features.
- Integrated system with Twitch API.
- Integrated Stripe payment.
- Developed front end components.
- Handled DevOps and container orchestration.
Prontobot LLC (via Toptal)
- Handled development of chatbot response logic.
- Handled deployment of application.
- Created dashboards for the management team.
- Developed client-facing website.
Senior Node.js Developer, DevOps Engineer, and Software Architect
- Designed and implemented all of application's functions and database schema into a new back-end system.
- Designed and added new features to application.
- Created cron jobs to handle time functions.
- Created automation scripts with Node.js and GoLang.
- Created an admin panel using Ruby on Rails.
- Created in-app chat system with socket.io.
- Introduced data caching with Redis.
- Implemented multiple microservices to prevent coherence of application functions.
- Designed and implemented a password keeper with Electron.js.
- Created an app with React native.
Senior Full-stack Node.js Developer
- Handled design of admin panel using MUI design.
- Implemented front-end components using React.
- Implemented back-end microservice to handle admin actions.
- Handled deployment of development and staging versions of app and database.
- Handled file upload and retrieval of files with Amazon S3.
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer and Team Lead
- Handled migration from old team.
- Developed new features using ruby on rails.
- Distributed tasks and handled communication between UX/UI designers, front-end developers, Unity developers, and back-end.
- Translated business requirements into tasks for the development teams.
- Handled testing of new features.
Back-end Node.js Developer and DevOps Engineer
Code Touch (Trufla Technologies)
- Developed product features using Node.js.
- Handled application containerization with Docker.
- Handled application deployment, orchestration, and replication.
- Wrote test cases for old and new features using Mocha.js.
- Handled intermediate communication between team leader and junior developers.
- Handled CI and CD for application.
- Handled migration of app from PHP to node.js.
- Distributed tasks among team members.
- Developed main product's features.
- Developed application database schema.
- Implemented main front-end reactive components.
- Handled form and database validations.
- Tested main application components.
Ruby on Rails Developer and DevOps Engineer
DRZ cloud services
- Developed the company's main product's backend using Ruby on Rails.
- Handled server side rendering of data.
- Handled product road-map planning.
- Distributed tasks and handled management communication between front-end, back-end, and designers.
- Handled deployment of product on production servers.
Android Developer Intern
Hero Middle East & Africa
- Designed UI and UX for the company's Android applications.
- Created an application that is used internally for communication between company and merchandisers.
- Created an application to retrieve the company's performance reports be senior management.
- Updated product list on the company's server to be handled by merchandisers' app.
- Handling securing uploads and downloads from the company's server.
Express.js InfluxDB Logger Middlewarehttp://npmjs.com/package/express-influx-logger
Node.js File/Folder Watcherhttps://www.npmjs.com/package/fs-watch-exec
Ruby on Rails Video Converter APIhttps://github.com/omarwaleed/video-converter
Node.js Push Notifications Microservicehttps://github.com/omarwaleed/push-notifications-ms
Find and Mark Nearest Gas Stationhttps://github.com/omarwaleed/Internsvalley-task
Vue.js Admin Panel Prototype
Electron, Express.js, Jest, Flutter, Gorm, Redux, Ruby on Rails 5, React Native, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Sails.js, Next.js, Angular, Angular Material
React, Node.js, Socket.IO, Vue, Vue 2, REST APIs, Chai, Facebook Messenger API, Ruby ERB, Handlebars, Twitch API, Stripe API, Stripe
Git, Docker Swarm, Mocha, Mongoose, AWS ELB, Sequelize, Angular CLI, Vue CLI, RabbitMQ
DevOps, Unit Testing, Requirements Analysis, Stress Testing
Docker, Amazon EC2, DigitalOcean, MacOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, Heroku, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Firebase, Android, Meteor, Twilio, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
Redis, MongoDB, PouchDB, RethinkDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), InfluxDB, Elasticsearch
Technical Leadership, MERN Stack, Software Architecture, APIs, Architecture, SaaS, Cloud, Full-stack, Technical Architecture, Technical Consulting, Google Material Design, Software Design, Solution Design, CTO, Fintech, Vue-router, Team Leadership
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and Engineering
German University in Cairo - Cairo, Egypt