Freelance Algorithm Developer2014 - PRESENTFreelance Work
Technologies: Python, Elasticsearch, Google Maps API
- Developed all kinds of algorithms and back-ends as a freelance developer—mostly in the field of geospatial and scientific computations.
Freelance Routing Algorithms Expert2019 - 2019Savvy Navvy Ltd (via Toptal)
Technologies: Python, SQL, AWS, OpenStreetMaps, GIS
- Built and improved large data pipelines involving multiple sources using Python and SQL.
- Detected bottlenecks in the algorithm and improved calculation time by 30%.
- Designed and improved algorithms for routing of boats.
- Supported the integration of multiple data sources from charts, maps, and weather to improve boat routing.
Freelance Python Geospatial Developer2019 - 2019Atmospheric Data Solutions (via Toptal)
Technologies: Python, GDAL, GIS, netCDF, OpenLayers
- Led the development of a tool utilizing large geospatial publicly available data sets for use with weather forecasts models.
- Created an end-to-end Python command line interface.
- Implemented a solution for combining different geospatial datasets with different resolutions and projections using GDAL and Python.
- Assisted in developing a front end for displaying animated weather models using OpenLayers and ncWMS.
Head of Development2018 - 2019Hotels Near The Metro
- Developed the product from idea to production.
- Created a serverless front end using a CDN with an emphasis on loading speed.
- Designed the database with PostgreSQL.
- Optimized the search performance for relevance.
- Created an interactive map search using the Google Maps API.
- Created a CMS integration with Google Drive API.
Head of Development2016 - 2018Copernix.IO
- Led the development from concept to production.
- Designed the system architecture.
- Set up the cloud infrastructure.
- Set up logging and analytics.