Verified Expert in Engineering
Ondrej is a seasoned back-end developer who enjoys solving technological problems or challenges requiring logical thinking like designing new software architecture, participating in programming competitions, or playing chess. During his career, Ondrej has held various positions ranging from junior developer to team leader or software architect. Skilled in different technologies, programming languages, and frameworks, his preference and main expertise lie in solving back-end-related tasks.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Java, IntelliJ IDEA, Spring Boot
The most amazing...
...thing I've done was to keep calm and fix a huge data inconsistency incident on production that affected different teams.
- Helped the client design a new finance product and pick the best SaaS partners.
- Jumped on an existing project and quickly prepared it for production.
- Handled high-level architecture and estimates for projects still in the discovery phase.
- Architected and team-led the project, where the scope was to develop a mobile application for credit cards, specifically onboarding, 3DS, transactions, and repayments.
- Integrated the app with the existing solution focused on different product types.
- Implemented a green field mobile application for managing investment portfolios. Developed a web portal for internal users.
- Worked as one of the company architects. Oversaw a project in handling consumer loans (mid-office) and also other smaller ones.
- Supported several teams by solving more complex technical tasks and architectural guidance in projects using new technologies, e.g., serverless.
- Led one of the projects until significantly improved the project reliability.
- Held one-to-one performance meetings with several team members twice a year. Used them to improve a colleague's performance, helping him become a successful team leader.
- Held one-on-one performance meetings with the team members.
- Led the move from on-premise to AWS and to cloud-native architecture for the corresponding service.
- Progressed to a software architect role to support other teams with the move to AWS and other new technologies.
I included features like repairing data using UI, custom response structures for different customers, or validation of extracted data. It was also composed of several smaller services responsible for other tasks like validation, virus scanning, or OCR results transformation. Later on, there were also serverless components added.
Java, GraphQL, Kotlin
Spring Boot, Spring
Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Amazon Cognito, Terraform, AWS Step Functions
Microservices, DevOps, REST
Back-end, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Team Leadership, Software Architecture, APIs, Product Design, Serverless, Architecture
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Apache Kafka, AWS Lambda
Amazon DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, NoSQL
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Slovak University of Technology - Bratislava, Slovakia