Ruby Developer in Gheorgheni, Harghita County, Romania
Lead Developer2011 - PRESENTLogic Optimum
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, CoffeeScript
- Analyzed client needs.
- Made and implemented screen plans.
- Designed reusable OO back-end parts.
- Designed databases.
- Deployed servers.
Rails Architect – Head of Web Platform Development2018 - 2018Globacap
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React
- Architected the system.
- Led the development of the web platform.
Lead Developer2013 - 2015Encore.io
Technologies: Ruby on Rails
- Designed API endpoints from mobile screen plans.
- Created RESTful API endpoints serving three mobile applications.
- Extracted a mobile authentication API Rails Engine from the mobile applications.
- Optimized the queries and solved the n+1 query problems.
- Kept in touch with the client and normalized the API naming conventions.
Web Developer2013 - 2013Netronix
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Backbone, Marionette, MongoDB
- Analyzed client requirements.
- Made screen prototypes.
- Implemented a rich client using Backbone/Marionette.
- Designed the API and back-end serving the rich client.
- Designed the MongoDB database.
Lead Developer2012 - 2013ProjectLounge
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Backbone
- Implemented multifaceted search UI components.
- Wrote an abstract search interface to support multifaceted searching: Elasticsearch, Solr, Amazon and CloudSearch.
- Wrote web crawlers for 80 shops.
- Maintained the test DB for the web crawlers.
- Deployed servers.
Senior Developer2010 - 20114D Soft
- Conducted usability interviews and usability testing of the UI.
- Implemented a UI under Eclipse framework.
- Implemented UI serving logic.
- Provided on-demand debugging and implemented parts of the code analyzer.
- Led the daily standup meetings.
Senior Developer2003 - 2010Epam
- Developed components for large financial transactions.
- Created automatic testing, clearing, and settlement systems.
- Developed a component for cricket on a BEA WebLogic Server.
- Developed a three-component API achieving 98% code coverage.
- Spread the word about TDD and popularized it across the company.
Developer2002 - 2003Ambo Consulting
Technologies: J2EE, Servlets, Struts
- Developed an online catalog for spare parts.
- Analyzed client requirements.
- Designed the DB.
- Implemented a DB agnostic DAO layer.
- Implemented a reusable servlet and JST tags.
- Greatvenue (Development)
A venue reviewer site for people with disabilities.
- The Locker (Development)
A social network for lacrosse players. I was responsible for the creation of admin interface.
- Pijajo (Development)
A hostess management app for agencies. I joined late, but was involved in several important parts of this project.
- Velvet Vegas (Development)
Made for Ceasar's Palace in Las Vegas, the world's largest casino. I worked on the back-end, reviewing the API, normalizing, correcting the errors, implementing it and ensuring that it can handle thousands of requests.
- Checklists (Development)
The world's easiest recipe/checklist software, a hobby project of mine.
- Ruby on Rails Development (Development)http://www.meeteor.com/
I designed the API serving the mobile platform, the Google plugin, HipChat and Slack plugins, and the Outlook plugin.
I also developed various important parts of the web application.
- Field-level Rails Cache Invalidation: A DSL Solution (Publication)Fragment caching in Rails provides an easy yet a powerful way of improving your application's performance. However, some real-world scenarios do not work quite well with how the Rails cache behaves by default. In this article, Toptal Ruby on Rails Developer Orban Botond shows how you can implement a small DSL to optimize how the cache for related entities is invalidated to improve template rendering performance.
- Grape Gem Tutorial: How To Build A REST-Like API In Ruby (Publication)In this tutorial, Toptal Engineer Orban Botond demonstrates how to use the Grape gem -- a REST-like API micro-framework for Ruby -- to build backend support in Rails for a JSON API. Grape is designed to run as a mountable rack engine that complements your web applications without interfering with them.
- Ruby on Rails Best Practices and Tips by Toptal Developers (Publication)This resource contains a collection of Ruby on Rails best practices and Ruby on Rails tips provided by our Toptal network members.
- Orban is a mentor in the Toptal Global Mentor’s Program. This program is a partnership between Toptal and General Assembly to provide high quality mentorship for students from minority and low income backgrounds who are looking to begin their careers as professional software engineers. Orban shows commitment to diversity in tech by mentoring a General Assembly student every week for a year, covering everything from coding tips and tricks to advice on making it in the industry.
FrameworksRuby on Rails (RoR), Factory Girl, Swagger, Grape, Capybara, Ember.js
Libraries/APIsREST APIs, Rolify, Ruby on Rails API, jQuery, Devise, Pundit, Sidekiq, React, OmniAuth, Facebook API, Backbone.Marionette, Backbone.js
ToolsSublime Text 3, SimpleCov, RSpec, Cucumber
ParadigmsAgile Software Development, Test-driven Development (TDD), Entity-relationship Diagrams, Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Scrum, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Refactoring, Database Design
PlatformsMacOS, Shopify, Linux, AWS Lambda
StorageElasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Redis, JSON, MySQL, MongoDB
OtherRESTful APIs, System Architecture Design, IT Systems Architecture, System Architecture, Trailblazer, HTTP, Project Management, Ember CLI
- Master's degree in Computer Engineering1998 - 2003Babeș-Bolyai University - Cluj-Napoca
- How To Become An Outstanding Solution ArchitectFEBRUARY 2019 - PRESENTUdemy
- Software Development: Better Requirements Gathering SkillsFEBRUARY 2019 - PRESENTUdemy
- Deep Learning SpecializationNOVEMBER 2018 - PRESENTCoursera
- Fifteen Great CTO Leadership HacksNOVEMBER 2018 - PRESENTUdemy
- Software Architecture for DevelopersOCTOBER 2018 - PRESENTUdemy
- Software Architecture for the Enterprise ArchitectOCTOBER 2018 - PRESENTUdemy
- Kubernetes Course from a DevOps Guru (Kubernetes + Docker)OCTOBER 2018 - PRESENTUdemy
- IT Leadership: Succeeding in the CIO/CTO/IT Director RoleOCTOBER 2018 - PRESENTUdemy