Senior Enterprise Architect2014 - PRESENTCardWorks
- Analyzed, upgraded, consolidated, and mapped enterprise applications, mobile strategy, and development.
- Designed and implemented a SaaS to support a new line of business in credit card origination. The main modules included credit bureau integration, identity verification, multiple pricing model support, multiple line assignment model support, and more.
- Designed and developed a multi-tenant mobile application.
Senior Enterprise Architect2012 - 2014Advertising Specialty Institute-ASI
- Redesigned a supplier’s product update flow that reduced product update propagation to all downstream systems from 24-48 hours to near real-time. Flow simplification allowed for retiring around 15 auxiliary applications.
- Architected a new service-oriented framework built with the latest technologies, including MVC, HTML5, ASP.NET Web API, Entity Framework, Knockout.js, RabbitMQ, and RequireJS. The new framework improved time to market, productivity, and performance.
- Designed and architected reviews, recommendations, and approval for all changes in the development sprint. Assessed proposed application changes and came up with the most optimized system/change implementation and reusability method.
- Integrated and designed applications regarding an ASI identity provider using an OAuth2 protocol.
- Helped set up a continuous integration server using Jenkins.
Architect2009 - 2012ASI
- Architected and designed a proprietary application framework that addressed the user experience, security, performance, flexibility, extensibility, scalability, and content management-related issues needed to support 130,000 users and enable full cross-product integration. The framework improved time-to-market for new products by 40% through re-engineering and unifying security, UI rendering mechanisms, and middle-tier object repositories, and utilized a modular approach to development for greater code reusability.
- Integrated Oracle CRM in a single sign-on using SAML and Oracle web services for customer information integration.
- Oversaw the architecture of migration to distributed version control (Git).
- Acted as technical lead and architect on an ESP websites project. This product allows distributors to have a fully functioning eCommerce site in a few easy steps.
- Coded advanced product features.
Technical Lead2007 - 2009Advanta Business Services
- Worked on infrastructure design and implementation of Advanta’s online originations and underwriting systems using Provenir, web services, Interwoven, and ASP.NET.
- Designed and did end-to-end setup and implementation of Advanta’s underwriting flow using Provenir. This includes: infrastructure setup with MQSeries, Tomcat, LDAP, JRE, and more; Provenir software configuration with different adapters and third party hooks like credit bureau integration, address validation services, identity verification services; and integration with other systems in the Enterprise-like web, back office, and servicing platforms.
- Coded underwriting workflows, scripts, and adapters for Provenir.
- Designed and developed various web services (SOAP) and websites using ASP.NET, ASP, ColdFusion and Interwoven (Java, XSLT, XSL).
- Maintained the Interwoven controller layer using Java and web services.
Senior Developer2001 - 2007Advanta Business Services
- Maintained and developed a web-based customer service interface for a credit decision application.
- Developed various web services and websites.
- Worked with a team to convert advanta.com to use the Interwoven CMS system.
- Developed various applications and support utilities using VB.NET 2.0, 1.1, and VB6.
- Upgraded applications and systems from Sybase to Oracle.
Software Developer1998 - 2001Advanta National Bank
- Developed web applications using Oracle web agent packages.
- Created an online banking site for Advanta Bank Corp. using ASP.
- Developed multiple reports using an SQR reporting tool.
- Performed Oracle DBA tasks such as backups and software upgrades.
- Implemented Y2K modifications on existing financial software.