Senior Software Developer
2011 - 2015
- Handled web-based back-end software development for ReadCube, Labtiva's platform for managing research literature and scientific articles discovery using modern open-source web technologies.
- Created server-side systems for log storage and analysis, PDF document usage heat maps, web scraping, collaborative recommendations, article timelines, and sync services (between multiple client applications).
- Sustained and tuned performance for web applications and web services to run smoothly on Heroku and AWS.
- Created and sustained different SQL and NoSQL data storages like MySQL, ElasticSearch, Neo4j, DynamoDB, Redis, and Memcached. Also created and sustained database load balancing and failover using mostly HAProxy.
- Integrated web applications and web services with Google Analytics, Mixpanel, MailChimp, SendGrid, etc.
- Created a REST API prototype to allow customers to query data.
- Created a prototype AngularJS app for supporting the main web application.
- Used Adobe AIR's native extension to help a desktop application to render PDFs more efficiently (for OSX and Windows platforms).
- Hired as the first non-founder Software Developer in the company; assembled the initial development team and rented the office.
Senior Software Engineer
2010 - 2011
- Worked on converting the existing J2ME mobile application to the Qualcomm's BREW platform.
- Co-developed code dealing with differences between J2ME and Brew platforms such as a lack of threading, a lack of exception handling, and no garbage collection.
- Implemented parts of the J2ME layer in C++ for the emulation layer.
- Adapted the emulation layer for the target Brew platform.
- Worked on the Real's J2ME/Android white label mobile application for media distribution and sharing, targeting mostly J2ME and Android handsets and tablets.
- Sustained the existing code base by creating new widgets and incrementally transferring legacy J2ME code to the modern Android Java platform.
Technologies: C++, Java, J2ME, Eclipse, GCC, Brew (Quallcom), Subversion, CVS, Redmine, Android
Architect, Senior Software Engineer
2009 - 2010
- Organized and led a small team in building a next-generation advertisement blocking product and web browser security product.
- Created back-end web services using C#, WCF-REST, and SQL Server.
- Designed a custom security protocol to allow safe client-server data exchange.
- Coordinated outsourced system admins responsible for the maintenance and monitoring of the datacenter blade servers.
Senior Software Engineer
Syntellect (Enghouse Interactive)
2008 - 2009
- Sustained and fixed bugs in one of the company's Interactive Voice Response applications.
- Searched for performance bottlenecks and general code inefficiencies.
- Developed additional VoiceXML specific functionality.
- Created a server application for the integration of two separate IVR applications in Java .
- Created a migration tool and transferred an existing source code repository from SourceSafe to Subversion.
Technologies: C++, ActiveX, Java, Eclipse, VoiceXML, TTS, ASR, Dialogic, Subversion, Visual Studio, BoundsChecker, IBM Rational Purify
Consultant, Senior Software Engineer, Software Engineer
1999 - 2007
- Participated in many different software development outsourcing projects (mostly for EU software companies like Lexware, Moba and Sauter). Worked almost exclusively with software development tools from Microsoft.
- Gave a number of software development presentations related to Microsoft C++ and .NET technologies and their applications at local IT conferences like WinDays and DevDays.
- Mentored junior Developers.
- Earned the following Microsoft professional certificates: MCPD (Enterprise Application Developer, C#, Jun 2007), MCTS (Distributed, Web and Windows Apps, May/June 2007), MCSD (Early Achiever, C#, May 2003 and Visual Studio 6, C++, Oct 2000). Also earned more than a dozen different Brainbench Master certificates and three Job Role certificates.
- Attended the following soft skills courses: presentation skills, successful business communication, nonviolent communication, time management, stress management, creativity development, self initiative development, and consultative selling.
- Learned German within the period of employment and used it in daily communications with German-speaking customers.
Technologies: C, C++, Visual Studio, MFC, ATL, STL, COM/ActiveX, OLEDB, BTrieve, .NET, C#, C++/CLI, Team System, Subversion