Senior Software Engineer2019 - PRESENTUber
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, NoSQL, SQL, Interviews, Scrum, Machine Learning, Microservices, Python, Java, Go
- Developed a service that analyzes the system metrics using machine learning methods and notifies users if there is something wrong with the metric.
- Built a data analysis pipeline that was used to add optimal restaurants to the system.
- Created automated machine learning training procedures to replace the manual implementations for more than 600 cities.
Software Development Engineer II2016 - 2018Amazon
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), NoSQL, Interviews, Scrum, Microservices, Python, Go, AWS, Java
- Designed and developed parts of a system to reduce the time for new carrier onboarding to Amazon from months to weeks.
- Migrated two backbone services of the transportation department to AWS.
- Planned the hardware capacity of the team and took actions regarding these plans such as rewriting the Lambda functions in Go.
Principal Software Engineer2015 - 2016Monitise
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Spring Boot, Spring, SQL, Scrum, Nginx, Apache Tomcat, ActiveMQ, AWS, Java
- Managed a team that was responsible of developing a marketing system, which later became the flagship product of the company.
- Mentored engineers and participated in code reviews actively to set the quality bar high.
- Trained others on code quality and coding best practices.
Senior Software Engineer2014 - 2015Vakifbank
Technologies: Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Windows Communication Framework (WCF), ASP.NET MVC, Scrum, SQL, Java, Logstash, Kibana, Apache Lucene, Elasticsearch, C#
- Reduced network latency of the entire system by modifying the messaging protocols being used.
- Developed a source-code search engine using Apache Lucene.
- Developed a metric collection system to collect and analyze metrics from the entire system.
Software Engineer2012 - 2014Safkan Software
Technologies: Interviews, SQL, C#, Java
- Designed and implemented a data crawler for fetching tourism-related data from various sources.
- Worked on the reimplementation of gezisitesi.com (a hotel booking website). The project was successfully delivered on time.
- Contributed to the implementation of Viplay.com, a video sharing site for Turkish users. This project was also successfully delivered.
Software Development Team Lead2010 - 2012Intertech
Technologies: Concurrent Programming, Apache Lucene, Apache Tomcat, Interviews, SQL, Java, C#
- Designed and implemented a file transfer manager for the banking framework, which was responsible for getting and processing the files from other systems/corporations.
- Owned customer information management and user management modules for external customers. These modules were successfully integrated into the systems of four clients.
- Played a role in the hiring process as an interviewer and did more than 30 technical interviews.
Software Engineer2007 - 2010IBTech
Technologies: SQL, Swing, FTP, TCP, Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), Mule ESB, SOAP, SOA, Unix, Java
- Implemented an enterprise service bus based on Mule. This was the first version of the ESB that became the main communication backbone of the company later.
- Implemented a file transfer module (and its user interface) that was responsible for processing all the incoming and preparing the outgoing files.
- Maintained the low-latency service broker system between the ATMs and the banking servers.