C# Developer in Evergreen, CO, United States
Senior Software Engineer2013 - PRESENTTech Dynamism
Technologies: C#, .NET, .NET Web API, .NET MVC, SQL Server, Entity Framework, AngularJS, Unity, Moq, Bootstrap, jQuery, Azure, AWS, GitHub, SVN, Jenkins, MySQL, Postgres
- Led technical aspects of work, responsible for architecting, implementing, enhancing, optimizing, and maintaining software for six or more distinct clients simultaneously.
- Architected a multi-tenancy solution for financial data using Angular, .NET Web API, .NET MVC, Entity Framework, and SQL Server 2016 hosted in Azure.
- Designed a high-availability queuing system using Azure WebJobs and queues.
- Helped to design and implement automated unit testing using IoC with dependency injection, Unity, and Moq.
- Managed continuous integration with Jenkins including automated integration testing and deployments of API, Database, MVC, and Console applications.
- Provisioned new sites and instances of AWS and Azure for new and existing customers.
- Performed integration with Authorize.NET for payment processing within a .NET application.
- Integrated .NET application with Adobe EchoSign for requesting secure digital signatures on contract documents.
Software Developer2014 - 2015IHS
Technologies: C#, .NET, .NET MVC, .NET Web API, SQL Server, Knockout.js, OData, EntityFramework, Moq, Unity, Bootstrap, jQuery, MS Test, TFS
- Collaborated on the development of an oil field modeling interface.
- Helped to design and implement code-driven documentation for API consumers.
- Worked with a team of developers to design and implement a full-featured .NET OData API for real-time bulk management of oil field production and allocation data.
- Introduced IoC with dependency injection using Unity to help decouple components within the existing infrastructure to promote SOLID principles.
- Implemented a unit testing framework to assist QA with full regression tests of server side API components.
- Designed a pattern for automated testing, using SoapUI, for use by the QA team to automate security, integration, and regression testing.
Software Developer2013 - 2014Bridgepoint Education
Technologies: C#, .NET, SQL Server, .NET MVC, WCF, MSMQ, EntityFramework, MySQL, jQuery, Bootstrap, TFS
- Acted as the technical lead for a team of five developers and two quality engineers to ensure that all applications matched the company best practices for design and implementation.
- Focused on the design, implementation, and maintenance of enterprise level, high availability, n-tier data systems using .NET MVC, WCF, and SQL Server.
- Developed and maintained a custom content management system capable of dynamic A/B testing for various marketing initiatives.
- Redesigned a legacy lead delivery system using event-driven SOA architecture.
- Performed various integrations with internal and external parties (such as Nuestar) to provide accurate, real-time lead scoring for marketing teams.
Systems Developer and Quality Assurance Specialist2011 - 2013TraceGains, Inc.
Technologies: SQL Server, C#, .NET Framework, ASP.NET Web Forms, Telerik, IIS
- Collaborated on the implementation of a dynamic query builder.
- Performed all provisioning, maintenance, and deployments for each of our 40+ customer databases and websites.
- Created new T-SQL and Windows batch scripts to automate the provisioning of new customer sites.
- Performed all functional and regression testing of the web application, deployment plan, and rollback plan for each version of the application.
- Helped to troubleshoot and debug any bugs or issues with SQL statements and general database performance.
Database Developer and IT Admin2009 - 2011Universal Lumpers, Inc.
Technologies: SQL Server, SSRS, Crystal Reports
- Worked on the development and enhancement of SSRS reports for internal and external users.
- Maintained an existing suite of Crystal Reports, including the addition of new features and migration of existing reports to SSRS.
- Performed all functional and regression testing of web applications prior to production deployment.
- Performed troubleshooting and minor bug fixing on existing T-SQL stored procedures, functions, and views.
- Managed and maintained a SharePoint site, including secure internal pages, secure external pages, and publicly available pages.
- Event Management Application (Development)
This application was developed for a highly regarded university to centralize their management, application, acceptance and payment process for events they sponsor (such as teacher training and re-certifications). The core technology stack for this application is AngularJS, .NET WebAPI, Entity Framework, and SQL Server, and the application is entirely hosted in Azure. Due to the nature of higher education, we have multiple tenants, one for each department in the university, and each has their own account with private data that can only be accessed by authorized members of the department. The development team was able to utilize several features of SQL Server 2016 to provide a highly secure and maintainable multi-tenant solution that allows for all of the data for the entire university to be stored in a single database. Other features of the application include contract generation, invoice generation, payment processing, certificate generation, scheduling features for teachers and staff members, and an email reminder system for upcoming events and payment due dates.
- Player Statistics (Development)http://stats.orionkostival.com/
This application was designed to capture the individual player statistics for members of our summer softball league. There is an admin interface that allows team managers to create new players, add new games and enter all statistics for the players. Each player can log in, using a Google account, to manage their profile and view stats for other players in the league. Other features include the ability to view lifetime statistics and statistics by season which helps to promote friendly wagers on who will have the best season!
FrameworksASP.NET MVC, .NET, ASP.NET Web API, .NET Core, Entity, Bootstrap, AngularJS, Windows Communication Framework (WCF)
Libraries/APIsMoq, Authorize.Net, jQuery, SignalR
ToolsMicrosoft Visual Studio, Azure DevOps Services, GitHub, SSRS, Azure App Service
PlatformsAzure, Windows, Azure Functions, Azure Event Hubs
StorageMicrosoft SQL Server, Azure SQL, SQL Server Management Studio, Azure Blobs, MySQL
OtherIoC, Ajax, Azure Service Bus, VSTS Git, OData, MSMQ
ParadigmsAgile, REST, Model View Controller (MVC), Azure DevOps
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science2009 - 2013Colorado School of Mines - Golden, CO