Android Engineer2021 - PRESENTGlobal Automotive Company
Technologies: Kotlin, HAL, MQTT, AWS IoT, Coroutines, Android Studio, Mobile Development
- Developed an Android Kotlin app specifically for install on automobile car head units. The app communicates with the car's low-level hardware abstraction layer (HAL) and transfers data to AWS IoT.
- Designed and built the bulk of the app's base logic and data handlers. This includes user consents UI and logic support, signal read request support, interaction with Car HAL, location handling, car sensor anomaly detection, and others.
- Developed Kotlin software utility to auto-parse OEM HAL files based on Google HAL standard to generate 'drop-in' Kotlin code and protocol buffer scheme support.
Senior Architect/Engineer for Mobile Software and Embedded Firmware2018 - PRESENTEmbedded Engineering Solutions
Technologies: Nordic nRF52, Slack, Bitbucket, Embedded C, Swift, Xcode, C, Bluetooth, Microprocessors, Wireless Protocols, Android Studio, REST APIs, C++, Mobile Development, Python
- Developed an iOS mobile app and embedded firmware to communicate via BLE for monitoring biometric sensors of human viability and movements. This included a 3D avatar that moves with the actions of the person wearing the sensors.
- Created user interface using E-Ink display technology and embedded firmware with BLE communication capabilities.
- Developed firmware for a UPS battery backup system used on large marine yachts.
Senior Level Contractor for Mobile and Embedded Development2009 - PRESENTFreelance Contractor
Technologies: GPS, Bluetooth, Core Bluetooth, Adobe Illustrator, MPLAB, Embedded C, Xcode, Swift, iOS, C, Microprocessors, Wireless Protocols, Android Studio, Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), REST APIs, Nordic nRF52, C++, Objective-C, Raspberry Pi, IoT Security, Mobile Development
- Designed the control system of medical gurney washing equipment. Developed the app for iOS iPad (Swift) for the user control station with the user log in. Also designed the PCB and embedded C firmware for controlling the unit.
- Hired as an iOS engineer contractor for the iOS app (Swift) portion of a project for a company that trained special forces for covert surveillance. The application was heavy on UI and image asset manipulation and integration with MapKit.
- Designed an iPad app (Objective C) for monitoring and controlling a fully automated agricultural equipment. The app gives a full-featured equipment-based UI experience. Developed the equipment's electrical system, PCB, and firmware.
- Developed three iOS iPad and iPhone apps (Swift) to monitor HRV RRIntervals for professional analysis and training of user stress levels. The iPad app is used in training scenarios for the police force and other teams. BLE comms with HRMs.
- Built a wearable tech iOS app (Swift) for military-related protective gear with GPS tracking, biometric sensing, and wireless communications.
- Developed four iPod apps (Swift) with SAP back-end integration. Apps ranged from commercial airline food inventory management to retail store inventory management and included Bluetooth communications with a handheld scanner.
- Created an iOS phone app for chiropractic device integration and included Bluetooth communication with devices. It has an animated graphic UI indicating the device settings and functionality sequence.
- Built women's clothing iOS (Swift) companion apps with cloud synchronization to show available clothing and track orders; they provided a connection between retail consultants and customers for LulaRoe clothing (not directly for LulaRoe corp).
- Developed two iOS (Swift) companion apps for reducing teen drunk driving—one app for parents and another for teenagers. They included cloud sync, face recognition, BLE comms with industry breathalyzer, alerts notifications, and subscriptions.
VP of Software Development | Senior Architect2017 - 2018Switchmate Home
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Android, Internet of Things (IoT), WiFi, Embedded C, Swift, Xcode, C, Bluetooth, Microprocessors, Wireless Protocols, Android Studio, REST APIs, WebSockets, Video Streaming, Nordic nRF52, C++, IoT Security, Mobile Development
- Served as the VP of software development for a team of high-performance engineers specializing in iOS, Android, embedded firmware, and AWS IoT.
- Automated home control with security sensors and alarms, including video streaming capabilities directly to iOS and Android devices. I was the senior architect of the IoT consumer ecosystem.
- Contributed to much of the hands-on development of embedded firmware for IoT devices.
- Oversaw the Jira sprint priorities based on pressing bugs and development release schedules.