Senior Architect/Engineer for Mobile Software and Embedded Firmware2018 - PRESENTEmbedded Engineering Solutions
Technologies: Nordic nRF52, Slack, Bitbucket, Embedded C, Swift, Xcode
- Developed an iOS mobile app and embedded firmware to communicate via BLE for monitoring biometric sensors of human viability and movements. This included a 3D avatar that moves with the actions of the person wearing the sensors.
- Created user interface using E-Ink display technology and embedded firmware with BLE communication capabilities.
- Developed firmware for a UPS battery backup system used on large marine yachts.
Senior Level Freelancer for Multi-Platform Product Development2009 - 2020Freelance
Technologies: GPS, Bluetooth, Core Bluetooth, Adobe Illustrator, MPLAB X, Embedded C, Xcode, Swift, iOS
- Designed the control system of a medical gurney washing equipment. It involved PCB and electrical system design with embedded C firmware for controlling the circuits/relays. Also developed the app for the iOS iPad for the user control station.
- iOS engineer for a company that trained special forces for covert surveillance. Hired as a contractor for the iOS app portion of the project.
- Designed iPad app for monitoring and controlling a fully automated agricultural equipment. I also developed the equipment's electrical system, PCB, and firmware.
VP of Software Development, Performed Senior Architect Role2017 - 2018Switchmate Home
Technologies: Android, Internet of Things (IoT), AWS, WiFi, Embedded C, Swift, Xcode
- Served as the VP of software development for a team of high-performance engineers specializing in iOS, Android, embedded firmware, and AWS IoT.
- Automated home control with security sensors and alarms including video streaming capabilities directly to iOS and Android devices. I was the senior architect of IoT consumer ecosystem.
- Contributed to much of the hands-on development of embedded firmware for the IoT devices.
- Oversaw the Jira sprint priorities based on pressing bugs and development release schedules.