DevOps Engineer2022 - 2023Nike
Technologies: Puppet, Terraform, Jenkins, Python, PagerDuty, Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Bash, CI/CD Pipelines, Amazon EKS, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Kubernetes, Linux, DevOps, Microservices, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Amazon CloudWatch, Linux Server Administration, Resource Management, Unix, Cloud Services
- Managed the cloud infrastructure on Azure and AWS for Nike's core ERP systems across all business units worldwide.
- Built out Azure virtual machines, storage accounts, NetApp files, load balancers, virtual networks, network security, containers, and Kubernetes services.
- Took ownership of the Terraform infrastructure and re-architected the automation of Terraform infrastructure so that deployment of parallel systems that used to take two to three days was reduced to less than an hour.
- Configured and maintained thousands of virtual machines hosted in Azure and AWS using Puppet enterprise infrastructure.
- Rebuilt systems—initially built in AWS—in Azure without the downtime and designed a seamless cutover to avoid downtimes.
- Implemented CI/CD and infrastructure deployment and automation pipelines with Jenkins spanning five environments.
- Built Docker images and architected AKS infrastructure for developing, testing, and hosting Nike Forge, an internal tool for stakeholders to request and kick off deployment of new systems.
- Set up monitoring and alerting on critical services and integrated alerts with PagerDuty and Slack.
- Wrote Python and bash scripts to automate the deployment of services, onboard, and set up new infrastructure landscapes.
- Led presentations and demos to the engineering organization on infrastructure improvements that were adopted and implemented.
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer2022 - 2022Notarize
Technologies: CI/CD Pipelines, DevOps, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Jenkins, Containers, Terraform, Amazon EKS, CircleCI, New Relic, Kubernetes, Azure, Heroku, Datadog, Redis, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, NoSQL, Sumo Logic, Telegraf, Amazon ECS (Amazon Elastic Container Service), Microservices, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Serverless Architecture, Amazon CloudWatch, Resource Management, Cloud Services
- Architected and built a multi-environment AWS ECS cluster using Terraform.
- Migrated all microservice containers from Heroku to AWS ECS.
- Configured Telegraf to run inside containers in AWS ECS, collect application logs, and ship to AWS CloudWatch. Designed Datadog dashboards to inject the application logs from CloudWatch.
- Wrote bash scripts to enable SSM running on AWS ECS containers.
- Configured Sumo Logic to collect the AWS ECS container logs.
- Wrote Terraform configurations and modules to manage the organization's GitHub repositories. Imported all existing repositories into Terraform to be managed through Terraform.
Senior DevOps Engineer2017 - 2022SparkPost
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Python, Terraform, Jenkins, GitHub, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Deployment, Amazon EKS, Nomad, CI/CD Pipelines, Bash, Kubernetes, Vault, Vagrant, Ansible, SaltStack, Datadog, PagerDuty, AWS RDS, DevOps, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), REST APIs, Serverless Architecture, REST, Amazon CloudWatch, Linux Server Administration, Resource Management, Unix, Cloud Services
- Configured and managed various AWS services including EC2, RDS, VPC, S3, CloudWatch, CloudFront, and Route 53.
- Utilized Terraform and Terragrunt to implement a microservices-based serverless architecture in multiple environments.
- Provisioned and architected infrastructure on AWS by automation using Terraform and then trigger changes with Jenkins.
- Wrote Python and Bash code to automate the deployment of services, onboard and set up new developer environments.
- Implemented CI/CD using CodeBuild, Jenkins, Git, Docker, Ansible, and Bash.
- Set up monitoring and alerting on critical services and integrated alerts with CloudWatch, alert logic, Opsgenie, and Slack.
- Worked on configuration and administration of Elastic Load Balancers, Route 53, network, and autoscaling for high availability.
- Configured AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) groups and permissions based on security best practices.
DevOps Engineer2015 - 2017Center for Advanced Transportation Technology (CATT Lab)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jenkins, Ansible, Bash, Python, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Deployment, DevOps, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), AWS CloudFormation, Amazon CloudWatch, Linux Server Administration, Resource Management, Unix, Cloud Services
- Worked on infrastructure development on AWS using various services like EC2, S3, RDS, Route 53, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, IAM, and VPC.
- Utilized CloudWatch to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU memory, Amazon RDS DB Services, and EBS volumes.
- Configured Jenkins to automate the build deployments based on the changes captured in Version Control.
- Gained knowledge in Ansible playbook, YAML for maintaining roles, inventory files, and groups variables.
- Configured various performance metrics using AWS CloudWatch and CloudTrail.
- Used Git for branching, tagging, and maintenance of version control and source code management.
Solutions Architect2011 - 2014Intertel
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jenkins, Bash, Ansible, Docker, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Deployment, DevOps, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), AWS CloudFormation, Amazon CloudWatch, Linux Server Administration, Resource Management, Unix, Cloud Services
- Automated and managed AWS infrastructure and deployment processes, including production, testing, and development environments.
- Worked on automation continuous integration and continuous delivery pipeline processes for multiple projects using GitHub, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, and Docker.
- Configured and managed Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) for fault tolerance and to avoid single point of failure of applications, providing high availability.
- Implemented identity and access management solutions for infrastructure and applications, to ensure that appropriate access controls are in place and applied effectively and continuously.
- Managed and automated all aspects of our AWS infrastructure, including compute, storage, network, permissions, and cost using shell scripts and configuration management tools like Ansible.