- Senior Software Engineer2014 - 2015eBay, Inc.
Technologies: Scala, Akka, Spray, Cassandra, Docker
- Worked as part of an Agile team to deliver new API services that enable very large merchants to bulk list inventory from popular eCommerce platforms.
- Machine Learning Consultant2013 - 2014Revolt
Technologies: Neural Networks, SVM, Genetic Algorithms
- Helped my clients implement and maintain machine learning models mainly in finance and betting.
- Developed an algorithmic Forex trading system based on pattern recognition techniques. Created models with neural networks and support vector machines, optimized using evolutionary algorithms. Some libraries used: LibSVM, ENCOG, and MOEA. The system currently runs on Dukascopy Bank JForex platform.
- Designed and implemented a horse racing betting bot simulation which consumes Betfair API data and takes automatic lay/back decisions using historical data, SVM, and genetic algorithms.
- Senior Software Engineer2012 - 2013Salmon
Technologies: IBM Websphere, Java, Apache SOLR, Adobe Mercado Search Engine
- Developed a new Argos eCommerce website using IBM Websphere commerce platform.
- Developed faceted search with Adobe Mercado Search Engine.
- Migrated to SOLR search engine.
- Agile Software Developer2010 - 2012Gamesys
Technologies: Spring, JDBC, JAXB, TestNG, Mockito, Hamcrest, Concordion, Liquibase, Hibernate, Ruby, RoR, Rspec, Cucumber, jQuery
- Designed and developed a campaigns and promotions service using REST and DDD principles.
- Developed and maintained the main customer services (supporting more than a few million customers) using Spring and Hibernate.
- Built a CRM and call center application using Ruby and RoR.
- Software Developer2008 - 2010Miniweb
Technologies: Spring, Hibernate, JAXB, ActiveMQ, Apache Camel, Apache Felix, Jersey, Apache Solr
- Developed the back-end services for a social TV platform.
- Designed and developed a search and recommendation platform on top of Apache SOLR and Autonomy IDOL.
- Modularized the platform using OSGi and Apache Felix.
- Sofware Developer2005 - 2008Sony
Technologies: Java, Spring Framework, Hibernate, Lucene, Grails, Restlet, Performance monitoring and tunning on JVM
- Developed Vaio Europe websites using Spring MVC, JSTL, Hibernate, and Lucene.
- Developed Sony product API and service using Mule, Hibernate, Lucene, Spring, Groovy, and REST Principles (Restlet mainly).
- Oversaw performance monitoring and tuning of all Sony Europe sites (approx. 2.5 million hits per month) like JVM monitoring, garbage collection tuning, and profiling.
- Developed and created the technical design for Sony Eurasia’s main unified navigation solution using technologies like Grails, Rome, jQuery, Spring, Quartz, and JMX.
- Developed and created the technical design of Sony Survey application using Jetty, Spring MVC, Jakarta Tiles, Castor, JAXB, and Spring WS.