Senior Software Engineer2016 - 2017Superphone (via Toptal)
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Heroku, Eventbrite, Twilio, Shopify, RabbitMQ, Redis, Cassandra, Play, Akka, Scala
- Developed SMS marketing solution.
Senior Software Engineer2014 - 2015eBay, Inc.
Technologies: Docker, Cassandra, spray, Akka, Scala
- Worked as part of an Agile team to deliver new API services that enable very large merchants to bulk list inventory from popular eCommerce platforms.
Machine Learning Consultant2013 - 2014Revolt
Technologies: Support Vector Machines (SVM), Genetic Algorithms, Neural Networks
- Helped my clients implement and maintain machine learning models mainly in finance and betting.
- Developed an algorithmic Forex trading system based on pattern recognition techniques. Created models with neural networks and support vector machines, optimized using evolutionary algorithms. Some libraries used: LibSVM, ENCOG, and MOEA. The system currently runs on Dukascopy Bank JForex platform.
- Designed and implemented a horse racing betting bot simulation which consumes Betfair API data and takes automatic lay/back decisions using historical data, SVM, and genetic algorithms.
Senior Software Engineer2012 - 2013Salmon
Technologies: Apache Solr, Java, IBM WebSphere
- Developed a new Argos eCommerce website using IBM Websphere commerce platform.
- Developed faceted search with Adobe Mercado Search Engine.
- Migrated to SOLR search engine.
Agile Software Developer2010 - 2012Gamesys
Technologies: jQuery, Cucumber, RSpec, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, Hibernate, Liquibase, Concordion, Hamcrest, Mockito, TestNG, JAXB, JDBC, Spring
- Designed and developed a campaigns and promotions service using REST and DDD principles.
- Developed and maintained the main customer services (supporting more than a few million customers) using Spring and Hibernate.
- Built a CRM and call center application using Ruby and RoR.
Software Developer2008 - 2010Miniweb
Technologies: Apache Solr, Jersey, Apache Felix (OSGI), Apache Camel, ActiveMQ, JAXB, Hibernate, Spring
- Developed the back-end services for a social TV platform.
- Designed and developed a search and recommendation platform on top of Apache SOLR and Autonomy IDOL.
- Modularized the platform using OSGi and Apache Felix.
Sofware Developer2005 - 2008Sony
Technologies: JVM, Performance Tuning, Restlet, Grails, Apache Lucene, Hibernate, Spring, Java
- Developed Vaio Europe websites using Spring MVC, JSTL, Hibernate, and Lucene.
- Developed Sony product API and service using Mule, Hibernate, Lucene, Spring, Groovy, and REST Principles (Restlet mainly).
- Oversaw performance monitoring and tuning of all Sony Europe sites (approx. 2.5 million hits per month) like JVM monitoring, garbage collection tuning, and profiling.
- Developed and created the technical design for Sony Eurasia’s main unified navigation solution using technologies like Grails, Rome, jQuery, Spring, Quartz, and JMX.
- Developed and created the technical design of Sony Survey application using Jetty, Spring MVC, Jakarta Tiles, Castor, JAXB, and Spring WS.