Desktop Software Engineer2021 - 2022Global Data Science Software Company
Technologies: C#, WinForms, Desktop, Unit Testing, Win32 API, Windows, Telerik, synfcusion, NUnit, UI Automation, Jira, Confluence
- Worked on modernization of the large-scale WinForms desktop application UI to have CSS style look and feel.
- Collaborated with the senior product manager and UI/UX designer to refine and evaluate the design and identify the limitations and possible approaches to implement the design at each iteration.
- Worked with the product and engineering managers to identify the deliverables, sprint planning, road maps, and test plans.
Software Engineer2020 - 2021URoom
Technologies: Unity3D, Java, C++, .NET Core, ARCore, Digital Geometry Processing, 3D Scanning, Figma, Adobe Experience Design (XD)
- Developed a sandbox showroom creation app MVP targeting furniture companies to showcase and sell their showrooms and assets in a virtual reality environment.
- Worked on 3D scanning applications for mobile devices with a ToF camera, both with Google ARCore, and native in-house digital geometry processing algorithms.
- Worked on offline 3D model reconstruction from point clouds for desktops with C++.
- Developed native Android libraries in Java for unity to perform specific tasks.
- Worked on a 3D website builder app for mobile devices that can show content such as images, videos, and PDFs on 3D display objects.
- Implemented UI/UX designs into the front end and connected back-end services for all applications.
Unity Developer2019 - 2020Parkxy Corp Daeda (via Toptal)
Technologies: Unity3D, GraphQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), AWS, Google Maps API, AWS AppSync, Computational Geometry, Figma
- Developed a 3D content viewer app for building apartments from 2D plan views.
- Implemented interactive, editable, and customizable apartment geometry, materials, and assets into the app.
- Runtime asset loading and placement into the world, both in 2D and 3D.
- Integrated GraphQL connections for Unity to communicate with AWS AppSync service.
- Integrated Google Maps API for address selection and address tagging.
- Implemented a fully functional front end from the UI/UX designs.
Software Engineer2019 - 2019Zibumi
Technologies: JSON, XML, Unity, C#
- Implemented serialization mechanisms for OGC geographic shapes using KML, JSON, GeoJSON, WKT, CSV, and plain text.
- Developed a frequently used KML editor tool to create, edit, and delete geographic shapes on a given terrain using KML specifications. It has the capability of transferring data to and from other GIS software such as Google Earth, and ArcGIS Earth.
- Reimplemented existing tools using a pattern where the core engineering part is separated, and independent from Unity, which is used for UI and rendering only.
- Implemented the bundling mechanism for tools. This gave developers and designers the ability to create UIs automatically, depending on the needs of different clients using different bundles.
- Developed a touring tool where users can take screenshots of different views, and animate the camera between these screenshots with various speed options.
- Worked on a solar energy and insolation simulation tool using compute shaders that boosted the process 300-350 times faster compared to classical CPU approaches.
Software Developer2016 - 2019Prota Software
Technologies: Asana, DevExpress, .NET, VB.NET, C#
- Created DLLs in VB.NET that implemented structural steel design specifications for the UK, US, Europe, and Turkey. This gave ProtaStructure® the ability to design steel structures.
- Created a tool that was used to generate multiple structural braces between selected regions. This tool increased the productivity of users in complex structures.
- Developed a tool used in ProtaStructure® and ProtaDetails® that was capable of checking the structural capacity of truss members and optimizing the profiles used among given alternatives.
- Created a wind load generator tool for ProtaStructure® and ProtaDetails® that applied wind loads to the desired structure with a single button using UK, US, Europe, and Malaysian standards.
- Implemented OOP principles in the existing codes of a large project to make them clean and properly structured for future extensibility.
Structural Engineer2013 - 2016Prota Engineering
Technologies: Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Microsoft Excel, MATLAB
- Designed various landmark steel structures in Turkey.
- Developed small programs using Excel and VBA that design and optimize structural steel connections.
- Developed 2D finite element model solvers using MATLAB.