Verified Expert in Engineering
Özgün is a highly adaptive software engineer with a master's degree in computer engineering, specializing in digital geometry processing and computer graphics. He has worked in Turkey's top software development companies in the field of civil engineering and GIS systems using C#, .NET, and Unity.
Git, Visual Studio, Windows
The most amazing...
...project I've built is the real-time 3D ultrasound editor with GPGPU approaches.
Desktop Software Engineer
Global Data Science Software Company
- Worked on modernization of the large-scale WinForms desktop application UI to have CSS style look and feel.
- Collaborated with the senior product manager and UI/UX designer to refine and evaluate the design and identify the limitations and possible approaches to implement the design at each iteration.
- Worked with the product and engineering managers to identify the deliverables, sprint planning, road maps, and test plans.
- Developed a sandbox showroom creation app MVP targeting furniture companies to showcase and sell their showrooms and assets in a virtual reality environment.
- Worked on 3D scanning applications for mobile devices with a ToF camera, both with Google ARCore, and native in-house digital geometry processing algorithms.
- Worked on offline 3D model reconstruction from point clouds for desktops with C++.
- Developed native Android libraries in Java for unity to perform specific tasks.
- Worked on a 3D website builder app for mobile devices that can show content such as images, videos, and PDFs on 3D display objects.
- Implemented UI/UX designs into the front end and connected back-end services for all applications.
Parkxy Corp Daeda
- Developed a 3D content viewer app for building apartments from 2D plan views.
- Implemented interactive, editable, and customizable apartment geometry, materials, and assets into the app.
- Runtime asset loading and placement into the world, both in 2D and 3D.
- Integrated GraphQL connections for Unity to communicate with AWS AppSync service.
- Integrated Google Maps API for address selection and address tagging.
- Implemented a fully functional front end from the UI/UX designs.
- Implemented serialization mechanisms for OGC geographic shapes using KML, JSON, GeoJSON, WKT, CSV, and plain text.
- Developed a frequently used KML editor tool to create, edit, and delete geographic shapes on a given terrain using KML specifications. It has the capability of transferring data to and from other GIS software such as Google Earth, and ArcGIS Earth.
- Reimplemented existing tools using a pattern where the core engineering part is separated, and independent from Unity, which is used for UI and rendering only.
- Implemented the bundling mechanism for tools. This gave developers and designers the ability to create UIs automatically, depending on the needs of different clients using different bundles.
- Developed a touring tool where users can take screenshots of different views, and animate the camera between these screenshots with various speed options.
- Worked on a solar energy and insolation simulation tool using compute shaders that boosted the process 300-350 times faster compared to classical CPU approaches.
- Created DLLs in VB.NET that implemented structural steel design specifications for the UK, US, Europe, and Turkey. This gave ProtaStructure® the ability to design steel structures.
- Created a tool that was used to generate multiple structural braces between selected regions. This tool increased the productivity of users in complex structures.
- Developed a tool used in ProtaStructure® and ProtaDetails® that was capable of checking the structural capacity of truss members and optimizing the profiles used among given alternatives.
- Created a wind load generator tool for ProtaStructure® and ProtaDetails® that applied wind loads to the desired structure with a single button using UK, US, Europe, and Malaysian standards.
- Implemented OOP principles in the existing codes of a large project to make them clean and properly structured for future extensibility.
- Designed various landmark steel structures in Turkey.
- Developed small programs using Excel and VBA that design and optimize structural steel connections.
- Developed 2D finite element model solvers using MATLAB.
CAD-based Overlapping Lattice Mesherhttps://github.com/elpekozgun/OET
Firebowl: 3D Bowling Gamehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPLDYnUoMiM
Unity: 2018 Universal Gamedev Challenge Entry
Vertex Bender Framework
C#, C, XML, Visual Basic .NET (VB.NET), C++, VB.NET, GLSL, XAML, ShaderLab, GraphQL, Java, HTML, CSS
.NET, Unity3D, Unity, .NET Core, NUnit
Windows Forms (WinForms), LINQ, GDI(+), Three.js, Standard Template Library (STL), OpenGL, Google Maps API, OpenCV, Win32 API, SignalR
Asana, Microsoft Visual Studio, Git, Mercurial, Notepad++, Visual Studio, Slack, Postman, Figma, MATLAB, Syncfusion, Jira, Confluence, AWS AppSync, Adobe Experience Design (XD), PlayFab
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Test-driven Development (TDD), Unit Testing, REST, GPGPU
Windows, Android, Xamarin, Amazon Web Services (AWS), ARCore, Desktop, Telerik, Azure Functions, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
Geometric Modeling, Algorithms, Computational Geometry, Computer Graphics, DevExpress, GPU Computing, Software Architecture, Civil Engineering, Finite Element Method (FEM), 3D Scanning, Shaders, UI Automation, Fusion
MongoDB, JSON, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Master's Degree in Computer Engineering
Middle East Technical University - Ankara, Turkey
Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
Middle East Tecnhical University - Ankara, Turkey
DEV210.2x: Intermediate C++