Software Development Engineer in Test2020 - PRESENTAmazon
Technologies: Service Design, CI/CD Pipelines, Python, C++
- Added a RESTful API layer to an image comparison service. Integrated the service with our internal test framework. Migrated supporting AWS infrastructure to new owners.
- Owned and maintained three services and software packages and one testing tool, all built with different languages (Java, Python, and C++).
- Created the on-call process for the team to handle incoming issues with tools and services we own.
QA Engineer2020 - 2020Ordaos Inc
Technologies: REST APIs, Testing, QA Automation, Bug Analysis & Reporting, Manual QA, Test Planning, Automation Framework Development, CI/CD Pipelines, Agile
- Created the QA direction for a team of several developers by authoring a QA roadmap document, bug handling process, developer QA workflow document, and QA pipeline.
- Created a test framework for testing REST APIs and UIs with automatic report generation, Jira and Testrail integration, detailed logging, and automated email of test results.
- Defined and created the QA pipeline which developers used across all projects to validate their work. This pipeline included style checking, unit test run, and code coverage checking.
- Created an email reporting tool which probed Github for bugs and generated a table for easy reading. It then emailed the table to relevant stakeholders.
- Created over 100 API tests for RESTful API services to be used in production. These tests were used as feature tests to validate new code check-ins.
Software Quality Assurance Engineer2018 - 2020Amazon
Technologies: Jira, Selenium, PyCharm, Linux, Git, Java, Python
- Fixed and enhanced a mission-critical test testing back-end software with over 1 million products a day.
- Launched new features enabling customers and organizations to purchase digital products in bulk and deliver activation links through the purchase portal.
- Led QA effort to launch a new core service for the country of Canada.
- Manage testing effort from multiple parties to provide coverage for large, multi-team development projects.
- Expanded testing framework to increase test coverage to several platforms.
Software Development Engineer in Test2017 - 2018NetApp
Technologies: Jira, Slack, Subversion (SVN), Python
- Expanded in-house automation framework to provide test coverage for new functionality.
- Updated tests from feature teams for integration with system level workflows.
- Utilized hardware infrastructure automation APIs to create and tear down environments for testing.
- Worked with infrastructure teams to improve on automation capabilities of infrastructure automation software.
Software Quality Assurance Engineer2016 - 2017Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Technologies: Storage, Robot Framework, Linux, TestRail
- Developed an automation framework using the Robot Framework using Python.
- Worked at different levels in a solution stack to ensure quality for the immediate consumer as well as the end customer.
- Deployed virtual environments for testing, including hardware and virtual machines.
- Troubleshot anomalous software behavior to determine the cause and fix plan.
- Created test plans to verify expected behavior and check for graceful failures.