Senior Drupal Tech Lead | Web Developer (contract)2016 - 2017Hogarth Worldwide
Technologies: Drupal 7, Drupal 8, jQuery, API Integration
- Led the planning and development of various Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 multilanguage multisite websites for international organizations.
- Structured and built Drupal pages with components (based on the Paragraphs module) that were reusable across different websites of the same brand (used across a number of Nestlé projects).
- Integrated various third-party APIs like Gigya, Brightcove, and Facebook into Drupal websites by developing custom modules to cover the missing functionalities in the existing Drupal contributed modules.
- Audited and fixed existing websites to ensure best practices and for optimal results during penetration tests and security scans that were run internally.
- Migrated websites to Acquia Cloud and Acquia Site Factory hosting.
- Introduced GitFlow and code-reviews to the team as part of the development process.
- Managed an offshore team of back- and front-end Drupal developers.
Senior Web Developer (Contract)2014 - 2016Flybe
- Hired as a contracted front-end developer to re-develop the front-end of the booking flow of the main website (Flybe.com) by creating a single-page website to improve the user experience: from fare selection to entering passenger details, check-in, check-out, or booking management.
- Built rich interfaces for other parts of the website; used jQuery and Handlebars extensively.
- Worked fully remote successfully for six months from different parts of the world with constant communication with the client and other developers on the team.
- Managed the project using Agile methodologies.
Drupal and Ruby on Rails Developer (Contract)2013 - 2014Live and Loud
Technologies: Drupal 6, Ruby on Rails, Zurb Foundation, jQuery, HTML5, TDD, GitFlow, Continuous Integration
- Co-developed an online music platform in Ruby on Rails to connect local artists with venues.
- Migrated content and replicated functionalities from an existing Drupal 6 site.
- Converted UI wireframes and designs into templates with a special focus on progressive enhancement and cross-browser compatibility; used Zurb Foundation, HTML5, and jQuery.
- Developed a custom ranking algorithm to show artists suggestions to registered users based on their profile data, music preferences, and artists/venues availability.
- Worked in a rapid agile environment; taking only three months of development from concept to go-live.
Drupal and PHP Developer (Contract)2013 - 2014Livemusic.fm
Technologies: Drupal, Drupal 6, Apache Solr
- Created an online music ticketing platform based on Drupal 6 dedicated to selling concert tickets; pulling the information from a CodeIgniter web app developed in-house.
- Used Apache Solr across the site to generate pages in a performant way.
- Performed an extensive integration of third-party services like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Last.fm, and SoundCloud.
- Developed custom Drupal modules and themes; including a custom user dashboard with a complex UI developed in jQuery and AJAX.
- Built network-like features such as following site users, liking content, content commentary, subscribing and receiving newsletters, and more.
- Re-architected the infrastructure and migrated the site new hosting to save 70% of the hosting costs.
- Maintained an existing aggregator built in CodeIgniter and used it to fetch, parse, and cleanup information about gig tickets from third-party service APIs like Ticketmaster, Seatwave, Viagogo, Gigantic, and WeGotTickets.
Drupal Developer (Permanent)2010 - 2013Cameron and Wilding
Technologies: Drupal, Drupal 6, Drupal 7, Apache Solr, Apache Nutch, jQuery, jQuery Mobile, CSS, Sass, CiviCRM
- Worked three years as a Drupal developer initially and was promote to a Lead Drupal developer position; later building and maintaining large, complex, high traffic, high-performing websites based on Drupal.
- Worked on projects of different types and sizes.
- Developed custom Drupal modules and themes.
- Set up automated testing environments.
- Migrated data and integrated third-party services.
- Built mobile web apps based on Drupal and jQuery mobile and community-based and search-driven websites.
- Participated in other parts of the development process like analysis, site architecture planning, giving support to other members of the team, client training, and consultancy.
- Developed a Drupal 6 website for a charity based in the UK; Mencap (Mencap.org.uk).
- Built a custom module to handle donations integrating Sage Pay and PayPal as payment processors and integrated an Ubercart shopping cart.
- Created other custom modules to make an internal forum and made extensive use of views and panels to allow content editors to create landing pages easily.
- Planned and built a private web application in Drupal 7 to manage and classify a big amount of internal documents; for LexisNexis. Used a workflow module to handle moderation.
- Developed a private network for a UK-based business organization: Airmic (Airmic.com). Integrated CiviCRM with Drupal to synchronize Drupal and CiviCRM users, used Apache Nutch to crawl Airmic's partners websites and Apache Solr to integrate them into Drupal search results, built social features such as a forum, built ability to create private micro-sites for members.
- Built a Drupal 6 website to promote and sell books online for The Bookseller (Thebookseller.com); developed custom modules to manage user subscriptions.
- Created the sites for Nuffield Foundation and Nuffield Bioethics (Nuffieldbioethics.org and Nuffieldfoundation.org).