- Co-founder and Tech LeadAndroidsx2008 - PRESENT
- Lead the ideation, design, and development of 15 consumer Android apps.
- Lead the branding, marketing, and growth for Androidsx apps to more than 17 million users.
- Build a team of mobile engineers.
- Publish open-source libraries out of by-products of our core development.
- Create technical posts in the company blog and review technical books.
- Head of Mobile EngineeringPixable2014 - 2015
Technologies: Android, iOS
- Led the Android and iOS teams to successfully performe a full business pivot into the media space.
- Led the Photofeed Android team to launch the Photofeed application.
- Developed the photo synchronization mechanism for Photofeed, which is the core of the application.
- Created a library to send tracking data to our own analytics platform while at the same time pushing the data to commercial platforms.
- Expanded my team from 3 to a total of 12 engineers.
- Senior Software EngineerCERN2010 - 2013
Technologies: Java, Spring, SQL
- Developed key components of the control system for the Large Hadron Collider (LHC), CERN's main particle accelerator and the most powerful in the world.
- Created a set of servers that act as intermediary between the hardware devices of the injector accelerators (Booster, PS, LINAC4 and others) and the software applications that control them.
- Made substantial contributions to the Accelerator Logging Service, a critical service that records physical measurements from the equipment in the accelerator chain for long-term storage.
- Wrote and put in place a security mechanism to avoid exceeding safety parameters in the LHC accelerator.
- Established collaborations between CERN and the University of Valencia.
- Software EngineerCERN2009 - 2010
Technologies: Java, Spring, Swing
- Implemented and put in production graphical displays that monitor the status of the accelerator complex displayed in the CERN Control Center and broadcast through all CERN, external labs, and the Internet.
- Significantly improved the architecture, design, and capabilities of the in-house framework upon which the displays are built.
- Led the software quality assurance team, whose objective is to improve the software production process in the group.
- Provided 24x7 support for the CERN Control Center operators.
- Expanded the array of unit tests to 70% coverage of the key areas.
- Software Engineer2008 - 2009
Technologies: Java, Portlet
- Designed and developed a Java library to build a modularized web interface based on the Java Portlet technology for the provider front-end of Google Base.
- Designed an API to expose the portlet engine to web applications while hiding its internals.
- Extended the Portlet Specification (JSR-168), integrated it with the WebWork web application framework, and improved the URL generation engine.
- Wrote a prototype that runs the whole Google Base web interface under the framework I developed, requiring a minimal integration effort.
- Introduced the concept of multi-level portlet nesting in the spec.