Pankaj Pratim Sarmah
Verified Expert in Engineering
QA Test Engineer and Developer
Pankaj is a QA engineer and leader with more than 11 years of experience, specializing in manual, automated, and performance tests. He develops and implements E2E QA testing strategies, processes, and workflows from scratch, including manual and automated test plans for performance, functional, unit, API, regression, and integration testing. Pankaj adds value through the entire SDLC to ensure high-quality code and products and helps eliminate bottlenecks and bugs in production.
The most amazing...
...experience I've had as a QA professional is developing and implementing E2E QA strategies, processes, and testing workflows from scratch.
Chef Booking Platform
- Conducted end-to-end manual testing of the marketplace platform.
- Built and maintained no-code UI automated tests for the platform.
- Helped provide quality input for major product releases.
- Tested and documented bugs on all PRs added by the development team.
- Worked on a 360-degree feedback tool revamp for an Asian insurance provider with 14,000 employees.
- Conducted requirement review and matched the old application components with the new designs.
- Wrote detailed test cases for the application. Covered all components.
- Conducted end-to-end manual testing of the developed components on a regular basis.
- Assisted the product owner with design reviews and also modified and reviewed requirements as would be required for client-side approval.
- Owned the overall quality of web, mobile, including Android and iOS, and back-end apps.
- Performed QA sign-offs in a fast-paced development environment with multiple releases within a short period.
- Developed an API test framework using SuperTest with over 500 test cases automated and executing each push and pull request in GitHub Actions.
- Handled the UI test automation with Cypress.io and increased the automation suite to cover the priority scenarios.
- Supported smoke tests, regression tests, and sanity tests over multiple releases. Prepared a list of smoke tests on the API level and achieved 100% automation.
- Suggested UI and UX improvements and contributed toward refining requirements during meetings.
- Tracked and retested bugs, using Jira as a reporting tool.
- Mentored team members on QA processes and proposed ways to improve and optimize existing processes.
- Developed and performed the test strategy, test plans, and manual and automated API tests for the notifications feature of this social media app.
- Provided complete testing support for notifications and facilitated a smooth release for more than a million users.
- Provided E2E testing support for the campaigns module of the application.
- Executed smoke, regression, and sanity tests and ensured an ongoing testing effort.
- Co-created UI automation using XCUITest for iOS apps.
- Co-managed the team by running daily standup calls, tracking the Jira tickets, refining requirements, and communicating them to the team.
- Developed an E2E test framework with Protractor and TypeScript.
- Implemented performance testing for the product, including load and stress testing for the API and UI. Completed extensive manual testing of the entire application.
- Applied and implemented API automation using Python and Pytest.
- Reported and tracked bugs using Azure DevOps and managed service tickets using Confluence.
- Participated in a SAFe, agile team and provided innovative solutions and implementations across multiple product increments.
- Led a team of automation and manual testers. Planned and implemented a QA strategy to ensure ongoing test coverage. Estimated and assigned tasks to team members based on priority.
- Played an active role in capability building and process improvement for the existing QA team and introduced new and effective ways to perform day-to-day QA tasks.
- Developed the QA strategy for munkyy.com from scratch, aligned the development team according to the QA process, set up the QA process to implement manual testing, and implemented Zephyr as a test management tool within Jira.
- Improved the application's live streaming capabilities by focusing on critical issues and providing input on enhancements to the design and workflow while working in an Agile environment.
- Laid the groundwork for test automation by performing POCs on several tools. Selected WebdriverIO and integrated it with Jira.
- Tested the application for mobile and web, including E2E regression testing.
- Trained new staff on the QA process and helped onboard them to become fully productive in a short amount of time.
Automation Test Engineer
- Managed test automation frameworks for web and desktop-based applications. Developed a test automation framework using C#, Selenium, and MSTest. Integrated the automation framework with Azure DevOps to achieve continuous integration.
- Provided go/no-go certifications for frequent releases. Executed regression, sanity, and exploratory tests to ensure high product quality.
- Integrated smoke tests to CI to provide quick feedback on the builds.
- Resolved clients' back- and front-end issues by providing level 3 support via calls and a ticket-management system.
- Transformed the existing test framework to data-driven by providing an apt approach for data in tests for the application.
- Managed the bug lifecycle, ensuring that no unresolved bugs were left to be retested during releases.
- Prepared high-quality documentation about test automation for internal use and application functionality for client use.
- Recruited, trained, and onboarded team members to become fully active and productive.
Wells Fargo India Solutions, Pvt. Ltd.
- Managed test automation for web and desktop-based applications. Developed a test automation framework using C# and coded UI tests. Maintained a test automation framework using QTP. Managed automation and manual tests using HP Quality Center.
- Executed regression, smoke, and manual tests and automation failure analysis. Raised and retested resolved bugs.
- Increased the size of the test automation suite by identifying the scenarios to automate based on frequent test passing.
- Conducted POCs on several test automation tools, such as TestComplete, Ranorex, and Visual Studio Coded UI tests.
- Created automated utilities for the manual testing teams to reduce their repetitive tasks. Trained offsite and onsite counterparts on test automation.
- Built an internal web application to keep track of the billing details for the client's employees.
- Created modules for MVC architecture, such as table pagination.
- Performed code coverage and unit testing and documented the workflow.
Wells Fargo Payroll Processing | Test Automation Framework
Event Technologies | Test Automation Frameworkhttps://b-com.psideo.com/
Oil and Gas | E2E Testing
Munkyy | QA Manager for Education Streaming Platform (Toptal Project)
I provided QA support for the MVP release of the product via extensive manual testing and design update ideas to match the usability and functionality of the product. I set up the groundwork for test automation by doing POCs on several tools, finalized the selection of WebdriverIO as the tool for test automation, and integrated it with Jira.
The team praised and adopted the QA strategy and process I developed. I also received praise and recognition for eliminating so many bugs from production. I then trained the new members and helped onboard them.
GrowthDay | E2E Testing of a Life Coaching App (Toptal Project)https://app.growthday.com
I owned E2E testing of the application through a manual and automated approach. I developed the API automation test framework with SuperTest and contributed to web UI automation with Cypress.io. I was also involved in design reviews, code reviews, and documentation of the test scenarios for newly developed features. My day-to-day activities included regression, smoke, and sanity testing for web and mobile; bug tracking; and test case management.
LYKA | Test Lead for a Social Media App (via Toptal)https://www.mylyka.com/
• Assisted with front-end test automation with Kaspresso and XCUITest.
• Performed API automated tests with Postman and Newman CLI.
• Set up performance testing using Locust.
• Participated in requirements refinement and design reviews.
• Facilitated standup calls with the team.
• Trained and mentored junior QA resources on automation and manual activities.
Machine Learning | Web Scraping and Classifying News Articles
Selenium, Jasmine, SpecFlow, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), XCUITest, Cypress, Protractor, NUnit, Allure Testing Framework, Angular, .NET Core, ASP.NET, AngularJS, React Native, Appium, Locust, .NET
Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, WebDriver, REST APIs, Chai, Newman, Puppeteer, Node.js, WebDriverJS, Natural Language Toolkit (NLTK), React
Coded UI Tests, Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Manual Testing, E2E Testing, Test Automation, Testing, Automated Testing, Functional Testing, Scrum, Automation, Sanity Testing, Page Object Model (POM), Azure DevOps, Agile, Load Testing, Stress Testing, Kanban, Acceptance Testing, Continuous Integration (CI), REST, Unit Testing, Microservices
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Android, iOS, Mobile, Amazon EC2, Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker
UI Automation, Performance Testing, Quality Assurance (QA), Manual QA, QA Testing, UI Testing, GUI Testing, API Testing, UX Testing, QA Automation, Software QA, QA Test Plan Management, Website QA, Manual Software Testing, Web-based Testing, Software Testing Lifecycle (STLC), Agile Software Testing, Selenium Page Object, Selenium PageFactory, Automated UI Testing, Test Scripting, Regression Testing, Test Management, Communication, Detail-oriented, Website Testing, Test Case Execution, Test Cases, Test Case Creation, Test Case Development, Front-end, Bug Discovery & Tracking, Bug Triage, Web App Testing, Mobile Apps, Black Box Testing, Smoke Testing, REST API Automation, Web Scraping, QA Leadership, Automated API Testing, QA Process, Test Planning, Strapi, Mobile App Testing, Interviewing, Test Automation Frameworks, Newman CLI, Office 365, CI/CD Pipelines, Scripting, Analytics, Reliability, Documentation, Technical Hiring, APIs, Team Management, Integration Testing, Web Service Testing, Time Management, Cross-browser Testing, Exploratory Testing, Mobile UI, Mobile UX, Test Documentation, Mobile Device QA Automation, Requirements, Back-end, Training, MTM, Bug Fixes, Code Review, Sprints, BlazeMeter, Performance Analysis, Strategy, DevExpress, Espresso, Source Code Review, Kaspresso, Team Mentoring, Level 3 Support, Web App Development, Code Coverage, SOLID Principles, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Classification, Social Networks, Design Reviews, Leadership, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT)
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), DB, MySQL, MongoDB
Bachelor of Technology Degree in Information Technology
Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology - Sikkim, India
Certified SAFe® 5 Practitioner
Scaled Agile Inc