Software Engineer2018 - 2019Phyramid
- Managed communications with clients and stakeholders.
- Advised and implemented best practices such as automated testing and documentation writing.
- Set up scalable and fault tolerant infrastructure on AWS for business-critical APIs.
- Removed technical debt from the client's codebase and refactored outdated code.
Software Engineer2016 - 2018Pr.co B.V.
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Python, API Design, AWS, Scikit-learn, SpaCy, Word2vec, Celery, Redis, Elasticsearch, Django
- Developed a machine learning algorithm that matched press releases to interested journalists based on articles they had written previously.
- Implemented a feature-rich CRM API with the focus on fast data retrieval and integrity.
Co-founder and Chief Technology Officer2014 - 2015Contactable DB, Ltd.
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), PostgreSQL, API Design, Django, AWS, Linux, Redis, Elasticsearch, Backbone.js, MySQL, SQLAlchemy, Flask
- Participated in the first accelerator program at Techstars Berlin. Raised $100,000 for the project.
- Won the UCL award for innovation and enterprise. Sold the technology to Pr.co B.V.
- Developed an automatically generated media database of journalists, searchable by the topics they cover.
- Published two million articles, 50,000 journalists, and 3,000 publishers keeping data up to date using automated methods.
- Stored data on an Elasticsearch cluster which reached 20GB at its peak.
- Accessed over a dozen third-party APIs with a crawler to extract information on specific journalists. This included their social media, emails, publishers, and the topics they cover.