Verified Expert in Engineering
Parham is skilled at building long-lasting, scalable products. He's been leading a front-end team for the last four years, delivering on ever-changing client needs. He's also well-versed in back-end work, especially with Django. Parham knows how to manage software projects to ensure timely and successful releases.
Vue, Python, Django, Docker, Vim Text Editor, Linux, MacOS, PostgreSQL, Redis
The most amazing...
...tool I've built was a machine learning model that would match press releases to interested journalists based on articles they had previously written.
Lead Front-end Developer
Seer Software LLC
- Led the UI development of an extensive platform for managing daycares catering to parents, teachers, and managers.
- Worked on a platform used by 15,000 active users across phone, tablet, and desktop devices. It has dedicated apps for iOS and Android.
- Utilized Vue.js and Vuex for real-time event tracking using WebSockets.
- Architected core features using reusable components and Vue plugins to ensure a consistent design language usable by other developers in the team.
- Built dedicated access for parents, staff, and classes, real-time status tracking of daycare activities, as well as comprehensive daycare resource planning and monitoring tools.
- Built an integrated real-time messaging system connecting daycares to staff and parents.
- Managed and processed billing and payments using Stripe. Implemented comprehensive financial reporting tools. Supported other financial features, including customer management and licensing.
- Managed communications with clients and stakeholders.
- Advised and implemented best practices such as automated testing and documentation writing.
- Set up scalable and fault-tolerant infrastructure on AWS for business-critical APIs.
- Removed technical debt from the client's codebase and refactored outdated code.
- Implemented a feature-rich CRM API with the focus on fast data retrieval and integrity.
- Developed a machine learning algorithm that matched press releases to interested journalists based on articles they had written previously.
- Collected a large volume of data from around the web to train the machine learning algorithm.
Co-founder and Chief Technology Officer
Contactable DB, Ltd.
- Participated in the first accelerator program at Techstars Berlin. Raised $100,000 for the project.
- Won the UCL award for innovation and enterprise. Sold the technology to Pr.co B.V.
- Developed an automatically generated media database of journalists, searchable by the topics they cover.
- Published 2 million articles, 50,000 journalists, and 3,000 publishers keeping data up to date using automated methods.
- Stored data on an Elasticsearch cluster, which reached 20GB at its peak.
- Accessed over a dozen third-party APIs with a crawler to extract information on specific journalists. This included their social media, emails, publishers, and the topics they cover.
The project had a vast scope that involved replacing a legacy CRM which could no longer handle the large volume of customer data.
Many new features were added to enhance the robustness of the CRM and provide the added elements their customers were requesting.
The challenge was to define a clear scope and plan for the project and make sure the code was tested, reliable and maintainable.
I was the sole back-end developer and created solutions to many technical challenges. I also ensured the progress of the project was communicated well to a diverse team including the designer, front-end developer, project manager, and account managers.
Django, Flask, Bootstrap
Vue, SQLAlchemy, Backbone.js, SpaCy, Scikit-learn, Node.js
Vim Text Editor, Git, Celery, Webpack, Google Compute Engine (GCE), Docker Compose
PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, Databases, MySQL
API Design, Front-end, Back-end, Full-stack, APIs, Software Architecture, Scraping, Word2Vec, WebSockets, Architecture, Composition, Software Engineering, Computer Science
Amazon Web Services (AWS), MacOS, Linux, Docker
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University College London - London, UK