Verified Expert in Engineering
Patrick is a software engineer focused on designing and building performant, scalable, and maintainable systems. He strives to make software that empowers users to leverage the incredible power of computing. Patrick's primary interests include application security, developer tooling, and programming language design. He's worked at Palantir for over six years on building systems, application security, and developer tooling for large-scale enterprise applications.
Java, Rust, Go
The most amazing...
...thing I've created and maintained is Palantir's authentication and authorization infrastructure with a high-performance system and expressive access controls.
- Developed and maintained Palantir's shared authentication infrastructure. Became very familiar with standard authentication protocols, such as OAuth2, OpenID Connect, and SAML.
- Created and maintained Palantir's shared authorization infrastructure. Built features to support expressive access controls and delivered critical performance improvements using profiling to target optimizations.
- Gained a thorough understanding of security concepts and considerations. Developed effective techniques for designing scalable security systems.
- Acted as a significant contributor to Palantir's shared infrastructure, including client libraries, server libraries, API generators, and developer tools; this includes both internal projects as well as open source projects on GitHub.
- Rewrote a legacy build system to be more performant and support multiple types of inputs and outputs using a pluggable architecture.
- Designed and built a scheduling system to automatically build data pipelines.
Java, Rust, Go, SAML, GraphQL
Dagger, JUnit, OAuth 2, Dagger 2
Gradle, GitHub, Docker Compose, NGINX
Role-based Access Control (RBAC), Microservices
Software Design, Authentication, Authorization, OpenID Connect (OIDC), Debugging, APIs, Security Architecture, OAuth, Web App Security, Distributed Systems, Distributed Tracing
Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics and Computer Science
Carnegie Mellon University - Pittsburgh, PA, United States