Verified Expert in Engineering
Patrick is a developer with a strong background in numerical analysis applied to thermal sciences. He studied at one of the top engineering schools in France and worked in the scientific calculus field. He specialized in automation and networking at the national electricity company (EDF), where he optimized the loading of a massive model from an hour to mere seconds, saving the company significant resources.
Python, C++, Docker, Git, Linux, Windows, Angular, Electron, C#, .NET
The most amazing...
...optimization I completed was for massive model loading of a French electric company. It now loads in a few seconds instead of an hour for huge models.
.Net C# / Angular Full-stack Software Engineer
- Developed single sign-on functionality on the software for authorized operators using Windows Active Directory.
- Implemented some specific features related to clients' demands. Accelerated and optimized database migration from one solution version to a newer one.
- Tracked and fixed several bugs, from UI to database, using the Jira reporting tool.
- Maintained, upgraded, and tested several UI components and workflow.
- Oversaw back-end solutions for the ingestion, processing, and incremental storage of data streams from mobile generators.
- Developed from scratch a GUI reflecting the dynamic update of information from that stream.
- Designed and managed several SQL tables to fit the demand of operators using those generators.
- Acted as a technical referent on the IEC 60870-5-104 (IEC 104) communication protocol: Implemented advanced features, led debugging and maintenance of the module, ensured reliability and client satisfaction in its daily usage, developed unit tests.
- Optimized the vertical scalability of the software by enhancing proper usage of standard and Qt libraries data structures.
- Implemented automatic scalability tests now running on the CI/CD pipeline, delivering key performance metrics in a report to clients, for medium to huge loading.
- Updated the encrypted communication solution offered by the software, using the XMPP protocol: Implemented authentication with clients PKIX certificates to the Ejabberd server.
- Set up and maintained a data collection cluster for clients using the stack Kafka, Logstash, and Elasticsearch.
- Developed automatic unit, integration, and system tests for different modules, running automatically on a CI/CD pipeline.
Scientific Calculus C++ Developer
M2P2 Lab - Aix Marseille Univervity
- Conducted bibliographic research in the field of crowd motion modeling and simulation.
- Designed and implemented from scratch a pedestrian motion simulator in two dimensions for normal and emergency situations in a meeting room, a theater, and a zenith.
- Led interfacing with a proprietary fluid dynamics simulation software to extend the use cases it could be used for (e.g., pollutant propagation in a zenith leading to crowd strike).
Numerical Analysis Research Engineer
CEMEF Lab - Mines PärisTech
- Conducted academic paper review in the field of model order reduction techniques, which are state of the art numerical techniques to accelerate fluid dynamics numerical simulations.
- Implemented state-of-the-art techniques in the field and tested it on academic cases.
- Implemented high performances singular value decomposition in the H1-norm and tested it on complex cases.
Numerical Analysis Research Intern
CEMEF Lab - Mines ParisTech
- Conducted academic paper reviews in the field of mesh dynamic partitioning for high performance fluid dynamics simulation.
- Interfaced a state-of-the-art free dynamic partitioner with the library of the lab and conducted reliability tests.
- Designed and implemented a fast migration algorithm to ensure good load balance on cluster made of dozens of nodes.
Numerical Analysis Reseach Intern
- Optimized the start up phase of steam turbines by conducting analysis, simulations and parametric optimization over dozens of degrees of freedom.
- Conducted stress and fatigue analysis on the more exposed regions to ensure no regression for the engine lifespan.
- Reported weekly in English in a highly technical environment.
Crowd Motion Simulatiorhttps://github.com/pteyou/Pmotion
Advanced Text Editor: Work in Progress
The main concern is writing algorithms that can increase UX since heavy GPU computations take a long time.
Qt 5, Boost, .NET, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Electron, Angular, gRPC
OpenMP, MPI, Eigen, OpenSSL, RxJS
Git, CMake, Ansys ICEM CFD, Subversion (SVN), C#.NET WinForms
Linux, Docker, Apache Kafka, Software Design Patterns, Windows
Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Physics, Fluid Dynamics, Mechanical Engineering, Numerical Simulations, Mathematical Modeling, Algorithms, Thermodynamics, Graph Algorithms, ANSYS, Ejabberd, Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), Serializer/Deserializer (SerDes), Bug Fixes, GPU Computing, NGXS
Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server
Master's Degree in Thermal Sciences, Numerical Simulation
Ecole Centrale Paris - Paris, France
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
University Pierre and Marie Curie - Paris, France
Preparatory Classes for Top Engineering Schools in Mathematics, Physics, and Computer Science
Lycee Stanislas - Paris, France