T-SQL Developer in Austin, TX, United States
Data Warehouse Architect2010 - PRESENTLeapFrogBI LLC
Technologies: SQL Server DB, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, .NET, Azure, Power BI, LeapFrogBI, O365
- Designed and developed the LeapFrogBI Platform; data warehouse automation targeting SQL Server.
- Implemented numerous data warehouses and business intelligence front-end solutions for small and large organizations across many subject areas.
- Provided dimensional modeling training, architectural reviews, and ad hoc support for LeapFrogBI clients.
- Created cloud BI and data warehouse environments using Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Developed an Agile data warehousing methodology which seeks to reduce costs while speeding development.
Senior Consultant - BI/DW Architect2012 - 2013Catapult Systems
Technologies: SQL Server, .NET, LeapFrogBI, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS Tabular, Performance Point, Excel Services
- Created a data warehouse and business intelligence solution for a healthcare client.
- Managed a team of analysts, ETL developers, cube developers, and report creators.
- Served as a data warehousing subject matter expert for numerous projects.
- Provided dimensional modeling training.
- Implemented SSAS tabular model cubes to support operational and financial analytics.
Product Manager2010 - 2012MeLLmo (SAP Owned)
Technologies: iOS, SQL Server DB, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, OBIEE, QlikView, Kapow, Cognos, Business Objects
- Served as Microsoft BI stack subject matter expert.
- Implemented mobile BI solutions using the Roambi Server Platform.
- Created automated data collection processes using Kapow.
- Designed solutions which interface with numerous APIs.
- Created data models suited for mobile BI visualizations sourced from OLTP and ad hoc data sources.
Senior Consultant - BI/DW Architect2009 - 2010LiveLogic
Technologies: R, SQL Server DB, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, Performance Point, SharePoint
- Served as Microsoft BI/DW subject matter expert.
- Managed a small team of Houston, TX based consultants.
- Implemented BI and data warehouse solutions for consumer cosmetics supplies organizations using SQL Server stack.
- Implemented BI and data warehouse solutions for consumer packaged goods organizations using SQL Server stack.
- Created predictive models using SSAS data mining and R capable of predicting customer churn.
Senior Consultant - BI/DW Architect2008 - 2009Freelance
Technologies: MS SQL, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, Panorama Software
- Provided end-to-end freelance BI and DW consulting services.
- Implemented Panorama Software dashboard solution for Healthcare client using SSAS cube source.
- Created OLAP solution for healthcare clients using clinical OLTP source systems.
- Provided ongoing support for existing client BI solutions implemented using the SQL Server stack.
- Troubleshot complex SQL Server performance issues and implemented appropriate solutions.
Solutions Architect2008 - 2008Panorama Software
Technologies: Panorama, SQL Server, SSAS, SAP, SSIS
- Provide BI consulting services focused on OLAP based dashboarding using Panorama Software solutions in USA and London.
- Developed numerous SSAS cubes designed to support risk management and forecasting analytics.
- Serviced clients across many industries with a focus on insurance, healthcare, and banking services.
- Supported business development as a sales engineer.
- Implemented dashboard solution for manufacturing organization using SAP info cubes and Panorama Software.
BI Solution Architect/Traffic Engineer2004 - 2008Sprint Nextel
Technologies: Oracle, MS SQL, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, Classic ASP, .NET
- Designed SQL Server data warehouse with over 3TB of storage.
- Provided subject matter expertise for OLAP design and development.
- Designed and developed engineering related dashboards using SQL Server DB and SSAS cube sources.
- Managed capacity related costs by implementing predictive analytics techniques capable of predicting future demand trends.
- Created ETL solutions which collected data from numerous source systems and consolidated data into a operational data store.
Branch Manager2002 - 2004Edward Jones
- Managed a broker office with over 12 million in assets.
- Served as series 7 and 63 licensed broker/dealer representative.
- Focused on products including stock, bonds, notes, mutual funds, and trusts.
- Prospected for new business leads and maintained the sales pipeline.
- Conducted group seminars and training, consistently exceeding my sales quota.
BI Developer/Traffic Engineer1997 - 2002Nextel
Technologies: Informix, Unix, Oracle, MS SQL, Access, Excel, Classic ASP
- Created original Nextel executive scorecards.
- Designed and developed an engineering based reporting solution using classic ASP.
- Create data warehouse using Oracle nested tables. Source systems included call detail records and operational measures.
- Created a rules engine based performance automation solution credited with saving over 10 million dollars in hardware costs.
- Monitored & maintain telecom capacity related service levels using Unix source systems.
Sergeant - MOS 0331 Machine Gunner1992 - 1997United States Marine Corps
Technologies: M60, 9mm, M16
- Operated as company level machine gunner attached to 2nd Battalion 5th Marines.
- Deployed with Marine expeditionary unit (special operations capable).
- Provided combatant support in operation Restore Hope (Mogadishu, Somalia).
- Trained Royal Saudi Arabia Marines in operation Red Reef V.
- Served as presidential guard at White House Communications Agency.
- Microsoft Certifications (Other amazing things)
MCITP - SQL Server 2005 BI Developer (2005)
MCTS - SQL Server 2005 BI Implimentation (2005)
MCTS - SharePoint 2007 Application Development (2007)
MCTS - SharePoint 2007 Configuration (2007)
MCTS - SQL Server 2008 BI Implimentation (2008)
MCITP - SQL Server 2008 Database Administrator (2008)
MCITP - SQL Server 2008 BI Developer (2008)
MCTS - SQL Server 2008 Implimentation and Maintenance (2008)
MCSE - SQL Server Business Intelligence 2012 and 2014 (2012)
MCSE - SQL Server Data Platform 2012 and 2014 (2012)
MCSA - SQL Server 2012 (2012)
- Microsoft Exams (Other amazing things)
.NET Framework Development Exam (2007)
- Total Data Warehouse Institute (TDWI) Certifications (Other amazing things)
CBIP - Certified Business Intelligence Professional (2008)
LanguagesSQL, T-SQL, MDX, HTML, Visual Basic .NET (VB.NET), C#, R
ToolsSSAS, Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft Visual Studio
ParadigmsETL, Dimensional Modeling, Agile Software Development, OLAP
PlatformsAzure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Windows, SharePoint
StorageSQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Data Integration, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SSAS Tabular, SQL Server Management Studio
OtherData Warehouse, Business Intelligence (BI), Data Modeling, LeapFrogBI
Frameworks.NET 4, ASP.NET, .NET
Libraries/APIsNetSuite API, Salesforce API
- Master's degree in Business Adminstration2004 - 2008University of Phoenix - Texas
- Bachelor's degree in Behavioral and Social Science1997 - 2001University of Maryland UC - Maryland