PHP Developer in Constanța, Constanța County, Romania
Web Developer2018 - PRESENTTrellis
Technologies: Magento 2, WordPress, Vue.js
- Performed complex Magento 2 implementations.
- Developed difficult WordPress products.
- Created Vue.js applications using the WordPress API.
Solutions Architect2018 - 2018Classy Llama
Technologies: Magento 2
- Helped translate business needs into software solutions for various eCommerce companies both big and small.
Head of Solutions, Engineering2012 - 2018Rocket Web, Inc.
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, Magento
- Directly contributed to key projects as a technical architect.
- Helped with sales engineering, gave them all the needed technical information to come up with realistic and fair proposals to prospects.
- Centralized artifacts (documents, code, methodologies, and more) from specific projects and to make sure that they are incorporated in our base development strategy, enabling the company to get better with each project.
- Conducted technical interviews.
- Acted as a mentor/adviser for technical roles.
Web Developer2010 - 2012Optaros
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, Drupal, Magento
- Joined Optaros as a Drupal expert, but it quickly became obvious that Magento was the main focus of the company at the time. I took the challenge of learning Magento and became good at it.
- Became the lead of the engineering team, shaping the core product's roadmap.
- Liased with various stakeholders in negotiating the best solutions that were cost effective, fit business requirements, and made sense technically.
- Became the first certified Magento developer in the company and in the country.
- Kept up to date with all eCommerce trends.
- Tackled the hardest platform challenges to facilitate the implementation of client projects.
- Joined client-project teams to help with hard problems, for mentoring, or simply as an extra resource.
Web Developer2007 - 2010Axello Communications
Technologies: PHP, MySQL, Apache
- Joined Axello when it just launched Bizoo.ro site, a B2B marketplace that became the biggest name in its niche and one of the biggest sites in Romania.
- Solved performance issues.
- Listened to user feedback and changed the product roadmap on the go.
- Built the right tools to allow data-driven decisions.
- Built one of the biggest innovations in the project: building a relevant search using technologies that at the time were not mature enough.
- Developed continuously solutions that eased the manual processes of all the employees to optimize the cost of operating the website.
- Spanx.com | Magento 2 Website (Development)https://www.spanx.com/
For this project, I built this website along with developing customized features including imports, an Apple Pay implementation, and a number of upgrades.
- Apple Pay Magento 2 Extension (Development)
I implemented Apple Pay as a Magento 2 extension using Authorize.Net as a processor. It handles authorizations, captures, voids, and refunds (fully or partially).
- NetSuite Connector for Magento (Development)http://rocketweb.com/products/netsuite-connector-for-magento
I implemented a NetSuite connector for Magento.
• It can synchronize orders, invoices, products, stocks, shipments, and customers.
• It's queue-based so performance is not affected by NetSuite downtime.
• It's stable so any error will remain in the queue for manual review.
• It's fully customizable via admin settings or code.
• It's been implemented successfully for more than ten retailers.
• It's able to handle more than 10,000 orders per day.
- Eyebobs (Development)https://www.eyebobs.com/
A Magento 2 website with a NetSuite integration and customizations.
- Amazon Tool to Analyze Product-selling Opportunities (Development)
I developed a tool that allows uploading a list of product UPCs and automatically calculates the profit margins for selling them through Amazon, with or without Amazon fulfillment.
Technologies Laravel, AWS, MWS API, Product Advertising API
- Amazon Fulfillment Warehouse Integration (Development)
I helped a client with more than 5,000 orders per day to automate the fulfillment process.
• Implemented an Amazon MWS integration to pull orders, push order status changes back to Amazon, and sync up the stock.
• Developed a NetSuite integration to keep stocks and financial data up to date.
• Integrated a warehouse via an API to send orders for fulfillment orders.
• Automated the returns, cancellations, purchases, and all other flows to have the system work without manual intervention.
• Built the systems on Laravel.
- Bulletproof (Development)http://www.bulletproof.com/
• Created a custom loyalty (reward points) program.
• Built a custom theme.
• Integrated the ERP (NetSuite).
• Created a subscription (recurrent payments) module.
• Installed, configured, and tweaked community extensions.
• Built various custom features.
• Performed server tweaking.
- Braintree Payment Gateway Extension (Development)
I led the team that implemented the Braintree Magento extension.
• Created the documentation, flow diagrams, and specs for every feature.
• Developed automated tests.
• Ensured PCI compliance.
• Conducted security code reviews.
ParadigmsObject-oriented Programming (OOP), Design Patterns
PlatformsMagento, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Drupal, Magento 2
OtherSoftware Architecture, Project Management, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), NetSuite
Libraries/APIsAmazon MWS, Amazon Product Advertising API, Vue.js, jQuery
ToolsApache, PhpStorm, Git
StorageMySQL, Memcached, Redis
- Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer in Magento2018 - 2018Magento U - Online
- Participated in NetSuite Consultant Bootcamp2016 - 2016NetSuite - Chicago, IL, USA
- Magento Solution Specialist Certification in Magento2016 - 2016Magento U - Online
- Magento Developer Plus Certification in Magento2012 - 2012Magento U - Online
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science2002 - 2006Ovidius University - Constanta, Romania
- Magento 2 Certified Professional DeveloperMARCH 2018 - PRESENTMagento
- Magento Solution SpecialistJANUARY 2018 - PRESENTMagento