Verified Expert in Engineering
With an MS in computer science and over eight years of experience in tech startups as a full-stack developer, Paul loves to help visionaries bring their ideas to life. Before freelancing, he was one of three software engineers that grew a transportation logistics company from idea to buy-out, ending up with over 80 employees, all in the span of three years. He is well rounded, excelling not only in full-stack development and architecture but also in helping companies find product-market fit.
The most amazing...
...thing I've accomplished is starting a new web app; I validated the idea and then built a product team around it, reaching 100 active users in six months.
- Created a transportation logistics web app that grew from zero to ~100 customers over six months.
- Started and led an engineering team of 5-6, coached two into leadership positions and helped the company overall grow to over 80 employees.
- Created a self-service CI/CD console app that allowed code changes on all our development teams to go from test to production within a matter of minutes.
- Established an internal DevOps team that created and maintained over 99% uptime SLAs to paying customers.
Lead Software Developer
- Refactored a legacy multi-page ASP.NET MVC web app to a single page Angular app over 1-2 months.
- Transformed the software dev process from a Waterfall to Agile methodology within three months, increasing feature release rate from a few times a year to new features every 2-4 weeks.
- Introduced automated tests to a legacy app, server-side and client-side, from zero to over 2,000 automated tests over ~6 months, allowing manual QA testers to focus on usability over full-time regression testing.
- Built and grew a patient portal .NET and Angular web app dealing with secure medical data and helped develop a business model that sold to over 50 medical clinics over the course of eight months.
- Wrote and maintained a HIPAA compliant RESTful API with anonymous data reporting for Meaningful Use laws.
A Suite of Web App Products for Retail Data Analyticshttps://www.supplypike.com/
AVA.js, Express.js, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), ASP.NET, Angular, Jest, ASP.NET MVC, Selenium
Continuous Deployment, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI), Unit Testing, Agile Software Development, Automated Testing, REST, E2E Testing, Model View Controller (MVC), Functional Programming, Event Sourcing
Integration Testing, Agile Software Testing, Startups, WebSockets
Node.js, React, Chai, REST APIs, ReactiveX, Entity Framework
Mocha, RestSharp, Sketch, RabbitMQ, GreenSock
MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis
Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Windows
Master's Degree in Computer Science
University of Arkansas - Fayetteville, AR