- Software Engineer2014 - 2016Venmo
- Revamped Venmo's user search with Elasticsearch.
- Integrated the app with third-party APIs to make linking a bank account to Venmo a more seamless process.
- Overhauled the friendship and user request logic, designing everything from the Cassandra and MySQL schemas up to the RESTful API consumed by internal and external clients.
- Re-architected Venmo's funding source schema, logic, and API, and migrated all existing data into the new model.
- As part of a team of three developers, built the back-end foundation for Pay with Venmo.
- Software Engineering Intern2012 - 2013Urtak
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Redis, CoffeeScript, Sphinx, Haml, Rabl
- Wrote an internal metrics dashboard and daily digest email using Sphinx for data collection.
- Created daily digest emails for Urtak platform publishers and users, based off my preceding work on internal metric digests.
- Built an "Explore" page to enable Urtak discovery by end users.
- Built a system to store URLs hosting any Urtak iframe from which questions were submitted or responses made.
- Designed and built a "shared question" system in order to track viral responses.
- Built a flagging system that allowed users to flag inappropriate questions and publishers to take actions on these flagged questions.